American education

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2013, 02:33 PM
RE: American education
(28-02-2013 02:29 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Those "christians" being brought to the museum are mainly children, no one has the right to teach children what they want, even in America.
What laws are you referring to?

If you're talking about legal rights, that is. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2013, 02:42 PM
(28-02-2013 01:11 PM)devilsadvoc8 Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 05:11 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  I always wonder what if....what if America had another republican in power after Bush Jr. I dont think America understands, how worried the rest of the western society was over this possibility.
Considering there are a wide range of views within the republican party this is just an over generalization wrapped in a stereotype.
Umm, the 7 or 8 that were running for chance to come president all seemed pretty similar to me.

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
28-02-2013, 02:50 PM
(28-02-2013 02:33 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(28-02-2013 02:29 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Those "christians" being brought to the museum are mainly children, no one has the right to teach children what they want, even in America.
What laws are you referring to?

If you're talking about legal rights, that is. Consider
Im not following you, can you expand on your question?

Arguing with a Christian is a lot like playing chess with a pigeon. You can be the greatest player in the world, yet the pigeon will knock over all the pieces, shit on the board and strut away triumphantly.
28-02-2013, 03:17 PM
(28-02-2013 02:50 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  Im not following you, can you expand on your question?
Of course. In the post I responded to, you said that "no one has the right to teach children what they want, even in America".

I was wondering if you meant that there are laws in the USA that forbid parents to teach their children certain things or if you were simply stating your opinion.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
28-02-2013, 03:17 PM
As a Canadian I would like to distance myself from many of StorMfront's ideas? No one has the right to teach children what they want?? They certainly do where I live. Also I would be slow to criticize American education when I don't know that "your" means belonging to you and "you're" is the contraction for you are. There were other examples as well. Not that it's so horrible but just saying - be careful when you criticize.
28-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Oops ignore the "?" In the first statement.
28-02-2013, 03:57 PM
(28-02-2013 03:17 PM)sandman Wrote:  As a Canadian I would like to distance myself from many of StorMfront's ideas? No one has the right to teach children what they want?? They certainly do where I live. Also I would be slow to criticize American education when I don't know that "your" means belonging to you and "you're" is the contraction for you are. There were other examples as well. Not that it's so horrible but just saying - be careful when you criticize.
I am not criticizing, I was asking questions (which is supported by evidence). I am typing on a forum, if you think every post should be free of grammar errors I could care less. You have the right to teach children whatever you want unless it causes harm....LEGALLY. So obviously you cant teach anything you want.

28-02-2013, 04:06 PM
The only reason religion doesnt fall into "causing harm" category is because of our societies holier than thou approach to it.

28-02-2013, 05:14 PM
I am not aware of any laws in the US that limit what parents can teach their children. There are laws about what a parent can do to children, but not about what they can teach them. There are definitely some unfortunate results of that - KKK members and skinheads teaching their kids to hate for example. Religious crap of every variety is another example. These are allowed for the same reason the KKK and Westboro Baptist Church protests are allowed which is because that is true freedom of speech. That's the price that we pay for making sure there can be no slippery slope to unjustly outlawing rights. I will grant that there are some limitations on free speech. For example, it is not allowed to falsely shout "fire" in a crowded theater. But few would disagree that doing so is harmful. That's not the same with a creationist museum where Christians would probably come out in large numbers to argue there is no harm because they would say it's "truth". Americans are very hesitant to put ANY limitations on free speech.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
28-02-2013, 05:21 PM
(27-02-2013 04:01 PM)StorMFront Wrote:  ...just curious why a culture would allow something so absurd to be taught. In my opinion, this type of thinking affects more then just your culture identity but also your economy.

Free speech. Others have mentioned it here, but free speech includes the drawbacks that people will say stupid things. However, you have to allow people to say stupid things in the interest of allowing people to say smart things without censorship when we have stupid leaders. Besides, who decides what speech should be allowed or not? You? Me? There will never be universal agreement on what speech should be allowed and what speech ought to be censored.

Besides, free speech is the one thing you can't rationally argue against because presenting such an argument implies the recognition that you have the freedom to say it. To argue against free speech requires a self-refuting argument.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Starcrash's post