American politics Non-thiest has no leverage. We can change this. Fighting fire wit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2014, 11:37 PM
American politics Non-thiest has no leverage. We can change this. Fighting fire wit.
If you’re a Progressive, the Democratic establishment doesn’t care about your opinion. They certainly don’t want your input. What they want is your vote — in exchange for exactly nothing in return. They’re political parasites, draining the enthusiasm and idealism of progressives, simultaneously neutering and exploiting mainline Progressives.
Republicans realized is that politics can be kind of like a magic trick. If they distract their voters with social issues like abortion and gay marriage – they won’t notice the trap doors and strings. And that’s exactly what they do. They use religion to galvanize people to support their party.
So when people ask the question, “Why do so many people vote against their own interests?” The answer is simple: Religion.
Republicans identified two areas that they knew they could use to manipulate millions: Abortion and gay marriage. They knew if they clung to these two issues, even though their stance on both is completely unconstitutional, millions of people would rally behind them no matter what economic policies they supported.
Not only that, they’ve managed to make being a Republican for many of these people a part of their religion. For most Republicans I meet, they were born to be a Republican. To them, being a Republican is like being a Christian. They really see the Republican party as the “Christian party.”

They have an advantage /edge. They are organized, and have a community, tax exempt status, They have a "Brand" with which they can manipulate the political system. They have pull. Non-thiests need to combat this by following their system. The Church of Reality can be a way for athiests, and non-thiests to accomplish this. Am i making any sense here?

"I'm frankly sick and tired of the political preachers across this country telling me as a citizen that if I want to be a moral person, I must believe in "A," "B," "C" and "D." Just who do they think they are? And from where do they presume to claim the right to dictate their moral beliefs to me?" -Barry Goldwater
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Reality-Seeker's post