Americans, what's your primary motive for going to the polls this 2016 election?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2016, 04:48 AM
RE: Americans, what's your primary motive for going to the polls this 2016 election?
(30-10-2016 08:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I already voted a few weeks ago. I mainly would like the senate majority to be Democratic. Other than that ... if by some very odd turn of fate, Dumpster were to be elected, it will be hilarious watching him try to do some of the things he's said he would, and finding out the president has no power or ability to do them, and watch him get impeached, or quit when he tires of real work, and finds out he can't be a dictator. The US has had to learn things the hard way before (with Dubya), and has the memory of a grouse. It might be time for more lessons.

That's pretty much what I expect if he gets in but the problem is that leaves us with Pence who is devoted to implementing a Christian theocracy. Trump is a danger due to him being an incompetent, arrogant, petulant, childish bully with no understanding of national or international politics. Pence is a different kind of danger but just as disastrous.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
31-10-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: Americans, what's your primary motive for going to the polls this 2016 election?
First, to fulfill my civic responsibilities. (I don't duck jury duty or voting, although I'm not personally fond of either activity) Second, to help swell the national popular vote so that if Clinton wins, Trump won't be able to claim that her mandate is small. Clinton's got something like a 30-point lead in my state. Third, to vote on my state's ballot questions, especially against expanding the cap on the number of charter schools, to which I'm very opposed.

I voted a week ago.
31-10-2016, 05:48 AM
Go ahead and vote. See where it gets you.

I'm going to spend the morning wanking off.

It's more productive than what you're going to do.

Sure - both activities will make you feel good ---

But at the end of the day, I'll have something to show for my efforts...........

Tongue

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
31-10-2016, 06:41 AM
(31-10-2016 05:48 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Go ahead and vote. See where it gets you.

But at the end of the day, I'll have something to show for my efforts...........

Tongue

A billion microscopic onlinebikers screaming up at you from the pavement! You'll be like a god. Laugh out load

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
31-10-2016, 06:43 AM
I'm going to vote against reconstructionist voters in my various localities.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
31-10-2016, 06:50 AM

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
31-10-2016, 07:00 AM
(31-10-2016 05:48 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Go ahead and vote. See where it gets you.

Tongue

With that attitude I'd be paying for private trash pickup.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-10-2016, 07:01 AM

Tongue

I second this.
31-10-2016, 07:15 AM
I always vote in the presidential elections. The others I do make an effort, but occasionally I'll miss one.

I would have enthusiastically supported Bernie Sanders. I am not a fan of Hillary Clinton, but I don't think she is any worse than many other politicians. As another poster said, Hillary represents the status quo: More of the same politics.

Trump is simply a megalomaniacal piece of shit.

The presidential race is the big issue. I don't think my state has any referendums up.

I don't know how much my vote matters. But for me voting is a tangible expression of my civil rights and it's something that I enjoy doing. I do try to read up on the candidates and issues and I don't vote on ballots that I am uninformed on.

In regards to those who abstain from voting, my opinions vary according to motivation. I can't respect laziness or apathy, but I do respect not voting, if you have a reason (say, for lack of suitable candidates).

That's my take, for whatever it's worth. Smile

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
31-10-2016, 07:25 AM

Tongue
Michigan doesn't give out "i voted" stickers?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson