Americans, what's your primary motive for going to the polls this 2016 election?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-11-2016, 09:55 AM
RE: Americans, what's your primary motive for going to the polls this 2016 election?
(03-11-2016 09:46 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I have decided not to vote third party this election. Johnson had a real shot at being taken seriously as a candidate, but he just didn't perform well enough in media interviews. Some of it was lack of preparedness, but way too much was him acting silly and childish. He squandered a golden opportunity.

I have the luxury of not living in a swing state so I can vote my conscious. I'm voting Republican. The Mormon Spy 2016! Make America Decent Again.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2016, 09:58 AM
RE: Americans, what's your primary motive for going to the polls this 2016 election?
(03-11-2016 09:55 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 09:46 AM)Aliza Wrote:  I have decided not to vote third party this election. Johnson had a real shot at being taken seriously as a candidate, but he just didn't perform well enough in media interviews. Some of it was lack of preparedness, but way too much was him acting silly and childish. He squandered a golden opportunity.

I have the luxury of not living in a swing state so I can vote my conscious. I'm voting Republican. The Mormon Spy 2016! Make America Decent Again.
Girly, I would NEVER have taken you for a Trumpette, I gotta say I am absolutely flabbergasted Shocking
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
03-11-2016, 10:01 AM
(03-11-2016 09:58 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 09:55 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I have the luxury of not living in a swing state so I can vote my conscious. I'm voting Republican. The Mormon Spy 2016! Make America Decent Again.
Girly, I would NEVER have taken you for a Trumpette, I gotta say I am absolutely flabbergasted Shocking

I said I'm voting Republican. Trump is not a Republican.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-11-2016, 10:01 AM
(03-11-2016 09:55 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

I have to admit, McMillan looked decent, but I only first learned about him when you brought him to our attention. The problem is I don't know enough about him. I'm not even sure if I got his name right! He hit the scene way too late to make a splash.
03-11-2016, 10:08 AM
(03-11-2016 10:01 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 09:55 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I have the luxury of not living in a swing state so I can vote my conscious. I'm voting Republican. The Mormon Spy 2016! Make America Decent Again.

I have to admit, McMillan looked decent, but I only first learned about him when you brought him to our attention. The problem is I don't know enough about him. I'm not even sure if I got his name right! He hit the scene way too late to make a splash.

I agree with very few of his policies but he seems a decent enough fellow. Turns out common decency means more to me than specific policies. whodda thunk? And he's a spy so he knows as much about plutonium poisoning as Putin. Could be useful when recruiting foreign agents to assassinate foreign leaders.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
03-11-2016, 10:31 AM
(03-11-2016 10:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 09:58 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Girly, I would NEVER have taken you for a Trumpette, I gotta say I am absolutely flabbergasted Shocking

I said I'm voting Republican. Trump is not a Republican.

Please explain I am confusedSadcryface
03-11-2016, 11:34 AM
(03-11-2016 10:31 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 10:01 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I said I'm voting Republican. Trump is not a Republican.

Please explain I am confusedSadcryface

Much in the same way that Bernie Sanders is not a Democrat. They are both outsiders who tried to shanghai the existing political machine for their own ends. Super-delegates put the kibosh on that in the DNC and stopped Sanders, but the RNC lacked such safe-guards and their own bottom feeders in the primaries lapped up Trump.

It's possible to be Republican and not be insane. I mean, it is still technically the party of Lincoln.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-11-2016, 04:42 PM
(03-11-2016 11:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-11-2016 10:31 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Please explain I am confusedSadcryface

Much in the same way that Bernie Sanders is not a Democrat. They are both outsiders who tried to shanghai the existing political machine for their own ends. Super-delegates put the kibosh on that in the DNC and stopped Sanders, but the RNC lacked such safe-guards and their own bottom feeders in the primaries lapped up Trump.

It's possible to be Republican and not be insane. I mean, it is still technically the party of Lincoln.

It hasn't been the party of Lincoln since the 1930's. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
03-11-2016, 07:19 PM
Americans, what's your primary motive for going to the polls this 2016 election?
It hadn't been the party of Lincoln since Andrew Johnson and Grant were lackluster in major efforts to help and strengthen the country in a unified effort.

I guess Girly is just gonna keep writing in Froathy fecal matter.

When it was run by the progressives it was still doing a lot of good but wasn't the party of Lincoln.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
03-11-2016, 07:20 PM
My vote won't mean much as far as the presidential election goes, I'm voting mainly because I hope that there may just be a chance to get Brownback the fuck out of office. If that happens I will dance in the streets even if Trump wins.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco