08-01-2016, 07:33 AM
RE: Ammon Bundy says he is following directi
Well "God said to do it." is about as valid as "The Devil made me do it!"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post
08-01-2016, 11:49 AM
(08-01-2016 07:33 AM)DerFish Wrote:  Well "God said to do it." is about as valid as "The Devil made me do it!"

For some reason, the phrase "God told me not to come to work." doesn't work on my boss.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
08-01-2016, 02:59 PM
Drooling
(08-01-2016 07:09 AM)unfogged Wrote:  And now, homoerotic Oregon militia fanfiction...

Laugh out load

Omg. Laugh out load That is great fanfiction. Thumbsup Very funny.

Ammon exercised his right to Jed's bare arms, stroking his fingers lightly down until he reached Jed's loaded weapon.

This one's for TurkeyBurner.

Ammon graced the barrel of the .38 Special across his nipple. "38, like me," he said, thoughtful. "Just a man like me."

The short straw still clutched in his trembling hand, Jim-Bob found a musky cloud of man vapors beneath the freedom tarp.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Apparently, unlike Alla, he's not a Mormon who believes in the following the law of the land, whatever land you happen to find yourself in. So the LDS came out and basically reinforced what Alla been saying. Can you get excommunicated from the LDS?

"While the disagreement occurring in Oregon about the use of federal lands is not a Church matter, Church leaders strongly condemn the armed seizure of the facility and are deeply troubled by the reports that those who have seized the facility suggest that they are doing so based on scriptural principles. This armed occupation can in no way be justified on a scriptural basis. We are privileged to live in a nation where conflicts with government or private groups can — and should — be settled using peaceful means, according to the laws of the land."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
09-01-2016, 06:52 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 06:57 AM by Dom.)
RE: Ammon Bundy says he is following god
Yep. The locals don't like it either, and the local Native Americans say that if anyone has a right to that land it is them as they were there first, and they want those guys to leave. They like it just fine as wildlife sanctuary there.

Ammon's guys are not getting support from anyone, not even the guys who went back to jail for setting the place on fire. The local people want the government to put an end to it. Defending arson in an area plagued by wild fires just won't fly, not even when the legal system messes up.

Surprisingly we haven't heard from the animal preservation folks...you'd think they'd have a beef with people occupying the land set aside for animals...

Given all that plus the disapproval of the church they claim to serve, I got to wonder what goes through Ammon's head there...Confused

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-01-2016, 09:39 AM
(09-01-2016 06:52 AM)Dom Wrote:  Yep. The locals don't like it either, and the local Native Americans say that if anyone has a right to that land it is them as they were there first, and they want those guys to leave. They like it just fine as wildlife sanctuary there.

Ammon's guys are not getting support from anyone, not even the guys who went back to jail for setting the place on fire. The local people want the government to put an end to it. Defending arson in an area plagued by wild fires just won't fly, not even when the legal system messes up.

Surprisingly we haven't heard from the animal preservation folks...you'd think they'd have a beef with people occupying the land set aside for animals...

Given all that plus the disapproval of the church they claim to serve, I got to wonder what goes through Ammon's head there...Confused

You live fairly near this area don't you Dom? Or am I wrong. I've been out in this area when I went to visit Crater Lake and there ain't nothin around. It's literally "for the birds".

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
09-01-2016, 10:36 AM
(09-01-2016 09:39 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 06:52 AM)Dom Wrote:  Yep. The locals don't like it either, and the local Native Americans say that if anyone has a right to that land it is them as they were there first, and they want those guys to leave. They like it just fine as wildlife sanctuary there.

You live fairly near this area don't you Dom? Or am I wrong. I've been out in this area when I went to visit Crater Lake and there ain't nothin around. It's literally "for the birds".

Not really, I live in the southern tip of Oregon. But the news here are full of this all the time now, nothing much else to report.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
09-01-2016, 01:54 PM
(09-01-2016 10:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  Not really, I live in the southern tip of Oregon.

GirlyBoy went to SOU in Ashland. His wife's family comes from that region (Medford, Klamath Falls, Bumfuck Nowhere, etc.).

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-01-2016, 02:00 PM
(09-01-2016 01:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 10:36 AM)Dom Wrote:  Not really, I live in the southern tip of Oregon.

GirlyBoy went to SOU in Ashland. His wife's family comes from that region (Medford, Klamath Falls, Bumfuck Nowhere, etc.).

Bumfuck Nowhere - that's where I live. Tongue

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
09-01-2016, 02:08 PM
(09-01-2016 02:00 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(09-01-2016 01:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  GirlyBoy went to SOU in Ashland. His wife's family comes from that region (Medford, Klamath Falls, Bumfuck Nowhere, etc.).

Bumfuck Nowhere - that's where I live. Tongue

Wanton Squalor Alabama is where my family was from. I married a girl from Bridge Out Tenn. The story was that when they incorporated the town they didn't have enuff money to make city limit signs so named the town Bridge Out and went into the next county and came back with a pair of signs!
[+] 1 user Likes DerFish's post