Amnesty International To Arrest Bush?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Amnesty International To Arrest Bush?
Apparently Amnesty International Canada has put forth the idea that the federal government should arrest George W. Bush when he comes to my country next week.
He is supposed to come to Surrey BC ( not too far from me ) with Bill Clinton to attend an economic conference.

They say that he should be put under investigation for alleged war crimes. They state that he even wrote in his own memoirs that he ok'ed torture to be used against terror suspects, which is of course against international law.

I would be so proud of my country if they actually went through with this.

What do you, mostly americans, think about your former president being arrested by your bigger neighbors to the north?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
12-10-2011, 12:26 PM
RE: Amnesty International To Arrest Bush?
(12-10-2011 12:15 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Apparently Amnesty International Canada has put forth the idea that the federal government should arrest George W. Bush when he comes to my country next week.
He is supposed to come to Surrey BC ( not too far from me ) with Bill Clinton to attend an economic conference.

They say that he should be put under investigation for alleged war crimes. They state that he even wrote in his own memoirs that he ok'ed torture to be used against terror suspects, which is of course against international law.

I would be so proud of my country if they actually went through with this.

What do you, mostly americans, think about your former president being arrested by your bigger neighbors to the north?

Let's negotiate...You can have him and Dr Evil (cheney), the kardashians and reality tv shows.

Heart Be good for goodness sake!
Find all posts by this user
12-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Only if we can arrest them all. Not much of a negotiation if you don't have to take some of our refuse. How about you get all of Canada's worst drivers?

By the by... who are you?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
12-10-2011, 12:38 PM
(12-10-2011 12:26 PM)beeluv Wrote:  Let's negotiate...You can have him and Dr Evil (cheney), the kardashians and reality tv shows.

Keep the reality tv shows; substitute Kraft dinner - Klassic, not the kind With cauliflower.

So, like, once he's outside US frontiers, he's no longer immune from international law?
And is there room in the Hague for 1400 Blackwater bodyguards?

Hey! Where's the smartass kid?

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
12-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Yeah i guess when he or someone else who has broken international laws enters another country it is the countries discretion on whether or not they arrest that person. Amnesty is apparently pushing pretty hard, by using the whole it's our responsibility thing. Which I agree with. It's the worlds responsibility really, and that includes America. I'm almost surprised but not really, that America itself didn't attempt to deal with him after his term was over.
From what I gathered there were a lot of dissatisfied Citizens wandering about cursing the dumbasses name. It would be hard to arrest your own leaders though I guess. It's like turning your kid over to the cops because they invaded another country illegally and tortured people, not to mention took away some of your rights as his mother or father simply because he said so.. . . Fuck it I'd turn my kid in, the jerk lol.

12-10-2011, 01:01 PM
(12-10-2011 12:32 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Only if we can arrest them all. Not much of a negotiation if you don't have to take some of our refuse. How about you get all of Canada's worst drivers?

By the by... who are you?

just a middle-aged, wine sippin', mom of two teens, atheist, married 99%er living in a big northeastern U.S. city...
frankly, i am just happy to have found a like minded group.

Heart Be good for goodness sake!
[+] 1 user Likes beeluv's post
12-10-2011, 02:13 PM

(12-10-2011 12:38 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  Hey! Where's the smartass kid?

lucradis, are you fucking with our minds?

We got used to the kid with the finger! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2011, 02:28 PM
That kids name is Harley-Quinn and she's mine, I found her. She was lurking in my wife's stomach and when I finally coaxed her out she simply refused to be boiled and eaten. So I've kept her as a pet ever since.

I'll probably put her back when Halloween is over.

[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
12-10-2011, 02:36 PM
I believe in the past, both Ralph Nader and Dennis Kucinich have separately called for a Bush inditement on war crimes. Sadly, this is usually considered casual rhetoric in the great USA.
I also think the general consensus is that Bush was just a puppet of Cheney and Rove.... I can see that point of view. Confused Those two really creep me out.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend... who figured it out. As can you.
12-10-2011, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2011 06:54 PM by Hughsie.)
It won't happen, no-one ever has the balls to go through with this sorta thing because of the diplomatic issues involved.

We had a similar campaign over here to arrest Pope Nazi-Palpatine-PaedoDefender but it never got anywhere, the powers that be just don't have the balls to face the backlash unfortunately.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post