Amnesty International To Arrest Bush?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2011, 07:11 PM
RE: Amnesty International To Arrest Bush?
I agree, it's never going to happen. At least not with my country. There are a couple I think that would feel comfortable doing such a thing, other than the obvious choices like... Iran, Iraq etc. I think China wouldn't mind if they were so inclined, same with Russia or North Korea. Those countries have some serious balls. Everyone else is more likely to just talk about it and then look down at the ground when the person spoken about walks past scoffing in the face of all blabber mouths.

I think he should be arrested, along with almost the entirety of his house staff. What they did was not only illegal but completely against the geneva conventions. They committed crimes against humanity. No matter the reasoning behind the actions taken, it was all illegal. Immoral. Inhumane. Funny considering Bush's evangelical status. I thought the bible was supposed to be good moral base? We can pretty much throw that out dated unproven concept out the fucking window.

War sucks, that is one of the few relatively universal agreements. Not everyone does agree with that, not even when being shot at, but the vast majority of people do. This does not condone acts of torture, or overshadowing of rights.

(If I were to go to war... I would totally do whatever was necessary to win... Shhh. But I would also make sure there were no other options.)

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
17-10-2011, 03:52 PM
If someone is taking the reality TV shows, you can have ours (from New Zealand). They're even worse than America's, but as long as someone wants them...

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
19-10-2011, 07:23 PM
(12-10-2011 12:15 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Apparently Amnesty International Canada has put forth the idea that the federal government should arrest George W. Bush when he comes to my country next week.
He is supposed to come to Surrey BC ( not too far from me ) with Bill Clinton to attend an economic conference.

They say that he should be put under investigation for alleged war crimes. They state that he even wrote in his own memoirs that he ok'ed torture to be used against terror suspects, which is of course against international law.

I would be so proud of my country if they actually went through with this.

What do you, mostly americans, think about your former president being arrested by your bigger neighbors to the north?

Keep him. But don't refer to yourselves as the "bigger neighbors to the north" since that's only true for landmass Wink Unless you're a part of the landmass talking, it's silly. (the country = the people, not the land they're on) Of course, you'd probably not like me calling you all "America's hat" Big Grin (a strangely shaped hat I might add)

Better without God, and happier too.
19-10-2011, 07:38 PM
(19-10-2011 07:23 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  
(12-10-2011 12:15 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Apparently Amnesty International Canada has put forth the idea that the federal government should arrest George W. Bush when he comes to my country next week.
He is supposed to come to Surrey BC ( not too far from me ) with Bill Clinton to attend an economic conference.

They say that he should be put under investigation for alleged war crimes. They state that he even wrote in his own memoirs that he ok'ed torture to be used against terror suspects, which is of course against international law.

What do you, mostly americans, think about your former president being arrested by your bigger neighbors to the north?

Keep him. But don't refer to yourselves as the "bigger neighbors to the north" since that's only true for landmass Wink Unless you're a part of the landmass talking, it's silly. (the country = the people, not the land they're on) Of course, you'd probably not like me calling you all "America's hat" Big Grin (a strangely shaped hat I might add)

Well we didn't keep him, not that I really expected otherwise. But we are bigger in landmass size. And to me that is what a country is. As far as citizens are concerned, sure you have some more people. But it's quality that counts. Wink
Call us your hat all you like, we already call the states our soiled underpants.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2011, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2011 06:43 AM by Azaraith.)
(19-10-2011 07:38 PM)lucradis Wrote:  
(19-10-2011 07:23 PM)Azaraith Wrote:  

Well we didn't keep him, not that I really expected otherwise. But we are bigger in landmass size. And to me that is what a country is. As far as citizens are concerned, sure you have some more people. But it's quality that counts. Wink
Call us your hat all you like, we already call the states our soiled underpants.

lol. Economy too ($14.5T to your $1.5T), Population 310m to your 34m, still got ya in GDP/Capita ($46k vs $39k). Avg. IQ is identical (99 according to studies I've found) you just think you're smarter than you are up there Wink. Anything else you can quantify re: quality, let me know lol. We just get maligned in the media... It seems all the smart people stay out of politics and keep quiet, while the dumb ones are loud and in politics (thanks bunches Bush).

I'm thinking bowler cap, bacon colored with a moose skin lining.

[Image: up6UL.jpg]

Better without God, and happier too.