Amway

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2012, 02:27 PM
RE: Amway
It's not a scam. It's a legit company that you can make money with but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Same goes with any pyramid system.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2012, 09:27 AM
(26-03-2012 02:27 PM)germanyt Wrote:  It's not a scam. It's a legit company that you can make money with but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Same goes with any pyramid system.
Pyramid scheme = scam... Some companies just use crappy products to disguise their pyramid scheme as a legit company using multi-level marketing. If you're making more money signing up other distributors than selling the product, it's a pyramid scheme. If you're making money with it, you've just transitioned from scammed to scammer.

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 1 user Likes Azaraith's post
01-04-2012, 02:50 PM
(26-03-2012 02:27 PM)germanyt Wrote:  It's not a scam. It's a legit company that you can make money with but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Same goes with any pyramid system.
ROFL!!!

But to be fair he is sort of right....its not much more of a scam than any other corporation.
Which isn't saying much.
12-04-2012, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 01:40 PM by spookiewon.)
Amway is very like fundamentalist religions, so I am not surprised it attracts the same kind of people. Have you seen their conventions? Everything but laying on of hands!
Pyramids are not legit businesses, and no one gets rich off selling Amway. People get rich selling books, tapes and other instructional materials ABOUT Amway, and other people go into devastating debt BUYING those books tapes and instructional materials.
12-04-2012, 01:44 PM
What are y'all talking about? Amway is a legit company. I know people that have sold Amway products and I know people that buy Amway products. It's not Primerica people. They sell household goods like toilet paper and dish detergent. If you as a rep get someone to start purchasing Amway products then you get a commission off what they spend. You can also make money by getting other people to sell Amway. It's a pyramid but it's not a scam. You actually buy and receive their products.

Hell they even have TV commercials that air on networks during prime time. It's not a fly by night scam.

(12-04-2012 01:37 PM)spookiewon Wrote:  Amway is very like fundamentalist religions, so I am not surprised it attracts the same kind of people. Have you seen their conventions? Everything but laying on of hands!
Pyramids are not legit businesses, and no one gets rich off selling Amway. People get rich selling books, tapes and other instructional materials ABOUT Amway, and other people go into devastating debt BUYING those books tapes and instructional materials.
Even if that was true so what? It's the responsibility of the consumer to investigate the things they buy. If they spend thousands on a pyramid company and lose it's their own fault.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
25-09-2012, 05:40 AM
As a business you run, it sucks. You can't make money at it. I am a fan of a few of their products, so I keep an account with them for the discounts I get. I don't order much though.
25-09-2012, 09:05 AM
They have/had quite a good metal polish, when I tried to buy some more the dimwit kept bleating on about why I should start selling it and how rich I’d be.
All I wanted was some bloody polish!
He wanted to conquer the world, or more to the point, wanted me to so he could sit back and enjoy it.
Just wouldn’t take no for an answer.
I finally gave up, never did get my polish…

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Karl's post
25-09-2012, 10:52 AM
(25-09-2012 09:05 AM)Karl Wrote:  They have/had quite a good metal polish, when I tried to buy some more the dimwit kept bleating on about why I should start selling it and how rich I’d be.
All I wanted was some bloody polish!
He wanted to conquer the world, or more to the point, wanted me to so he could sit back and enjoy it.
Just wouldn’t take no for an answer.
I finally gave up, never did get my polish…

Karl, is that really you? Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
25-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Da fuq is Amway?
25-09-2012, 04:38 PM
(25-09-2012 04:04 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Da fuq is Amway?

lol, Magoo.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post