Amway

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-09-2012, 04:45 AM
RE: Amway
(25-09-2012 10:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 09:05 AM)Karl Wrote:  They have/had quite a good metal polish, when I tried to buy some more the dimwit kept bleating on about why I should start selling it and how rich I’d be.
All I wanted was some bloody polish!
He wanted to conquer the world, or more to the point, wanted me to so he could sit back and enjoy it.
Just wouldn’t take no for an answer.
I finally gave up, never did get my polish…

Karl, is that really you? Consider

I do throw in the towel from time to time…
Or where you getting at something else?

A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything. Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-09-2012, 07:28 AM
(25-09-2012 04:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 04:04 PM)Magoo Wrote:  Da fuq is Amway?

lol, Magoo.

Incorrect. It's 'Lol Magoo'. Master Erxomai should teach you the skills of Loling the Magoo Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
26-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Amway
(26-09-2012 04:45 AM)Karl Wrote:  
(25-09-2012 10:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Karl, is that really you? Consider

I do throw in the towel from time to time…
Or where you getting at something else?

I'm always getting at something else. I just don't usually know what it is.

I just haven't seen you around lately. I miss when you're not here to keep the other Kiwis in line.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
26-09-2012, 12:15 PM
Actually, I see two Amway boxes right here, in my living room. Why? Because all female members of my hubby's family obviously bought into that scam. They get nothing out of it, they only spend their money, but for some reason they like it, and believe the Amwaypeople whatever they say.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-09-2012, 07:34 PM
The point of Amway isn't to get people to sell Amway. It's to get people to buy Amway products.

Oh noes, these inexpensive trash bags that show up to my door in just a few days is such a scam.
http://www.amway.com/Shop/Product/Produc...4294966526

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
26-09-2012, 09:19 PM
(26-09-2012 07:34 PM)germanyt Wrote:  The point of Amway isn't to get people to sell Amway. It's to get people to buy Amway products.

Oh noes, these inexpensive trash bags that show up to my door in just a few days is such a scam.
http://www.amway.com/Shop/Product/Produc...4294966526

Shit! Those are some pretty fine looking trash bags, Tim! Thumbsup

Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
27-09-2012, 07:33 PM
They're online these days: http://www.amway.com.au/a2kWeb/

I had a couple around nearly a decade ago trying to pitch their wares. The pitch was entirely about how you could make money through the system, rather than about the product they sell. In the end I asked them the simple question: Can someone on the bottom rung of the amway ladder save money by buying amway products. If the answer is yes, sure I'll be into it. If the answer is no and you need to get up a rung before it starts to be beneficial, then the system is not for me because it is not something I can recommend to my friends and family.

The answer was "no".

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
27-09-2012, 07:41 PM
(27-09-2012 07:33 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  They're online these days: http://www.amway.com.au/a2kWeb/

I had a couple around nearly a decade ago trying to pitch their wares. The pitch was entirely about how you could make money through the system, rather than about the product they sell. In the end I asked them the simple question: Can someone on the bottom rung of the amway ladder save money by buying amway products. If the answer is yes, sure I'll be into it. If the answer is no and you need to get up a rung before it starts to be beneficial, then the system is not for me because it is not something I can recommend to my friends and family.

The answer was "no".

That's because most of the 'marketers' think that they can work less and make more by recruiting instead of selling.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
27-09-2012, 11:53 PM
(12-04-2012 01:37 PM)spookiewon Wrote:  Amway is very like fundamentalist religions, so I am not surprised it attracts the same kind of people. Have you seen their conventions? Everything but laying on of hands!

I'll second that. And it's true not just of Amway but of MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) companies in general. For a while I worked for a company that eventually began selling one of its products through MLM, and I had to attend some of the conventions. They were more like evangelical church services than business meetings. In place of hymns, they sang company songs. Instead of preachers preaching, they hired fiery "motivational speakers" to rally the troops. The equivalent of altar calls were the testimonials, generally teary, where some former (or not so former) loser stood up to testify how she had been a slave to drugs and alcohol, living in a trailer park, and how being part of the Company had turned her life around and given her self-respect for the first time in her life, and "I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!"--and everyone cheers, the empathetic tears flowing freely.

And then there were the celebrities, the few fat cats at the top of the heap, sometimes having secret connections to management, with huge "downlines." They did virtually nothing but sit back and let the dough roll up to them through the levels. They were spoken of in reverent tones. What seemed to motivate most of the shnooks at the bottom was the dream that one day they too would be perched over a huge downline and the riches would flow up to them as well.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post