An Alternative: Knowledge instead of Belief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2017, 04:37 PM
RE: An Alternative: Knowledge instead of Belief
(24-06-2017 04:33 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 04:30 PM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  Google "How do I start a spiritual journey?" many of the results will be relevant I guess.

Guess what, you guessed wrong Drinking Beverage

The phrase "spiritual journey" is meaningless drivel.

WHY are you here peddling this shit when no one is even remotely interested?

Questions are being asked and I'm expressing my personal opinions. I assume someone who questions me is genuinely interested to know my opinion about his/her question.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-06-2017, 04:40 PM
No, people are mostly trying to understanding what you're gibbering about and when you will finally say something of substance.

No one is holding their breath though.

Let me be perfectly unambiguous - you have come here to proselytise and this is not appreciated. Nor is your dishonesty, or lying about it.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
24-06-2017, 04:40 PM
(24-06-2017 03:26 PM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 03:16 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  Share some evidence you found in your journey.(not to convince us)

I having nothing to share with you other than suggesting that you will find the evidence if you start you own journey, once you find it you will know why it cannot be expressed. Just like colors cannot be expressed in any meaningful way for someone who is blind. I must note that I don't mean you "lack" something right now so you can't understand it. This aspect of the analogy is not intended.

Some of us have been "on this journey" for many years and have not only not found evidence God exists, but have found evidence God is a propositition that is in the end, self contradictory, problematic and filled with evidence such a God cannot and does not exist.

Yog Sothoth! Yog Sothoth! Come back old ones! Yog Sothoth!

Cheerful Charlie
[+] 1 user Likes Cheerful Charlie's post
24-06-2017, 04:51 PM
(24-06-2017 04:40 PM)Vera Wrote:  No, people are mostly trying to understanding what you're gibbering about and when you will finally say something of substance.

Let me be perfectly unambiguous - you have come here to proselytise and this is not appreciated. Nor is your dishonesty, or lying about it.

I think you're being right that my posts are making some people displeased and angry and this is something I'd like to prevent. But I also think I'm responsible to respond to those who ask clear questions. So I will try to answer those. Hope that will not make you more upset.
24-06-2017, 04:54 PM
Don't confuse sheer "not THIS gibberish again" exasperation with anger. Anger implies giving a fuck.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
24-06-2017, 04:56 PM
(24-06-2017 04:36 PM)sea_tiger Wrote:  I don't think definition will make it useless.
If you can give an outline of what you think spirituality is ( it can be a hint or abstract concept) it can help point things out.

I gave a thought again and I still think such terms that refer to something woo, transcendental, spiritual, etc. are only useful when they are indefinite. I realize people need some sort of definition, I don't know you, if I had a good understanding of your personality, beliefs, etc. I might have been able to make a good guess about a suitable sudo-definition.

Spirituality is your spirituality it doesn't matter what it is. As long as you can genuinely call it "spirituality" without deceiving yourself.
24-06-2017, 05:05 PM
Useful if they are indefinite?Makes no sense.
Please give some example to explain it.
I am getting no info out of it.
24-06-2017, 05:17 PM
(24-06-2017 04:51 PM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  
(24-06-2017 04:40 PM)Vera Wrote:  No, people are mostly trying to understanding what you're gibbering about and when you will finally say something of substance.

I think you're being right that my posts are making some people displeased and angry and this is something I'd like to prevent. But I also think I'm responsible to respond to those who ask clear questions. So I will try to answer those. Hope that will not make you more upset.

I think my questions were pretty clear.

Your answers were evasive and eventually personally insulting.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
24-06-2017, 05:22 PM
(24-06-2017 04:20 PM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  I suggest starting a spiritual journey and have some degree of persistence.

So you keep saying. "Spiritual journey" has no meaning that I can discern other than "stop thinking and just pretend".

Quote:I think that's how you build a god detector. There are many ways to build a color detector and there are many ways to start a spiritual journey. Some research can give you very definite instructions on how to start a spiritual journey or how to create a god detector as you put it.

Please define how you can determine that what you have detected is any kind of god and not just your own imagination. If you can't then please take your woo somewhere else.

Quote:I can give my god detector to you, but it has no use for you, a blind person must make his own color detector to have a some understanding of what color is, likewise you should create your own god detector. I think there is no other way.

What you are describing is indistinguishable from self-delusion. I don't live that way and I find it incredibly sad, and often frustrating, that others do.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
24-06-2017, 05:23 PM
(24-06-2017 04:56 PM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  As long as you can genuinely call it "spirituality" without deceiving yourself.

Laugh out load

Now THAT is funny!

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post