An Alternative: Knowledge instead of Belief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2017, 07:45 AM
RE: An Alternative: Knowledge instead of Belief
(26-06-2017 06:49 AM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  In case there are some certain conditions under which being non-idiot is preferable, please specify these conditions.

Well, it means we're not you. Or anything like you. What better reason than to say, "I ain't the fool".

"The muscles in your mouth must be stronger than steel
You can talk till forever but ain't got no feel
Your scull must be empty, your brain cells run dry
Calling everybody
Learning nothing till the day that you die"

Quote:Maybe the state of non-idiot is just the way you define your own happiness? others define their own happiness differently? ha? What's your thoughts on this?

How I define my happiness has nothing to do you, you disingenuous, slippery piece of dumbfuck, but I wouldn't mind not having to come to TTA every day and wade through piles of shit of quite such epic proportions as yours. Are you sure that elephant of yours isn't a sauropod? 'Cause that's a lot of shit to come from such a small creature. Ha?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2017, 07:46 AM
(26-06-2017 07:23 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(26-06-2017 06:49 AM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  Guys,

I have a question from you. I realize that I and most likely all other theists are idiots. But some questions remain for me:

Please provide your "scientific evidences" that support the below propositions

- Being non-idiot is good in itself
- Being non-idiot is useful in itself
- Being non-idiot is necessary in itself
- Being non-idiot preferable to being happy and/or content and/or peaceful and/or harmless and/or any other human quality in any situation and for any human being.

Also,
- In case there are some certain conditions under which being non-idiot is preferable, please specify these conditions.

Maybe the state of non-idiot is just the way you define your own happiness? others define their own happiness differently? ha? What's your thoughts on this?
I'm not 100% sure on what you're trying to say here but I think you generally mean: "find me evidence to dis-proove that being stupid is ok?"

Generally speaking, and in my opinion only, you don't NEED to be smart/clever or anything like that. In fact, its arguable that the idiots of the world are generally more happy that those who actually understand what's going on.

I would only say you should be trying to better yourself, by understanding as much as you can, [Of Life, The World, The solar system, everything etc] so you understand/can appreciate a little bit more.

Am I happy 100% of the time? No I'm not. But that's life for you, it's not supposed to be all roses. I can also handle like 99% of any situation with control/respect for others/prior knowledge of various things. And it's that which is the difference between: running around screaming in a burning building and knowing what to do when an emergency strikes.

Being a "non-idiot" is useful in many ways, the most important one being survival. Ever heard of the Darwin Awards? You should check it out; stupid people getting them selves killed for being dumb.

That being said, there are enough idiots in the world to facilitate other idiots, so just say "fuck it" and do whatever you like.

I'd rather be clued up on any/all things I can potentially wrap my mind around just for the mere sake of knowing, that sitting in my own shit feeling happy for reasons I don't fully know, because "god" or "some gods" tell me to do something/my life means something to said deity(s).

Quote:Being a "non-idiot" is useful in many ways, the most important one being survival
While survival is a shared value in many individuals happiness, but there are actaully many instances that the happiness seems to be not relying on survival. People who suicide? It can be an evidence for someone who has based his/her happiness on survival. I'm not sure if I have. I would be happily get killed to defend my family for example.

Quote:I would only say you should be trying to better yourself, by understanding as much as you can, [Of Life, The World, The solar system, everything etc] so you understand/can appreciate a little bit more.
You are again assuming appreciation is something essential for being happy. Maybe I need non of those knowledge and appreciation to be happy. Is it something objectively wrong with it?
Find all posts by this user
26-06-2017, 07:52 AM
(26-06-2017 07:46 AM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  While survival is a shared value in many individuals happiness, but there are actaully many instances that the happiness seems to be not relying on survival. People who suicide?

People who COMMIT SUICIDE, you fuckwit. And they don't commit suicide out of happiness. Fuck off, you troll.

Quote:You are again assuming appreciation is something essential for being happy. Maybe I need non of those knowledge and appreciation to be happy. Is it something objectively wrong with it?

No. Now fuck off and be happy. You're overstaying your welcome, you troll.

26-06-2017, 07:52 AM
Quote:How I define my happiness has nothing to do you, you disingenuous, slippery piece of dumbfuck, but I wouldn't mind not having to come to TTA every day and wade through piles of shit of quite such epic proportions as yours. Are you sure that elephant of yours isn't a sauropod? 'Cause that's a lot of shit to come from such a small creature. Ha?
In case I'm somehow being "hurt" by your humiliations, and your humiliations is something to make you happy, don't you think there is something wrong with your definition of being happy? I'd be glad to know your thoughts on this. Of course you can continue your humiliations and insults if that's what your definition of happiness implies.
26-06-2017, 07:54 AM
(26-06-2017 07:52 AM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  In case I'm somehow being "hurt" by your humiliations, and your humiliations is something to make you happy, don't you think there is something wrong with your definition of being happy? I'd be glad to know your thoughts on this. Of course you can continue your humiliations and insults if that's what your definition of happiness implies.

I will continue my "humiliations" as long as you continue to insult my intelligence.

I repeat, go peddle your idiotic, disingenuous shit some place else.

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
26-06-2017, 08:06 AM

I have a question from you. I realize that I and most likely all other theists are idiots. But some questions remain for me:

- Being non-idiot preferable to being happy and/or content and/or peaceful and/or harmless and/or any other human quality in any situation and for any human being.

Also,
- In case there are some certain conditions under which being non-idiot is preferable, please specify these conditions.

Maybe the state of non-idiot is just the way you define your own happiness? others define their own happiness differently? ha? What's your thoughts on this?

Well I can speak from experience here. I was once a certifiable idiot. I mean I had the capacity not to be an idiot but I chose for a while at least not to use that capacity and believed what the preacher said in church. If I had to choose between that former state and now, I'd choose the way I am now, not that I'm any great genius or anything.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
26-06-2017, 08:19 AM
(26-06-2017 07:54 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(26-06-2017 07:52 AM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  In case I'm somehow being "hurt" by your humiliations, and your humiliations is something to make you happy, don't you think there is something wrong with your definition of being happy? I'd be glad to know your thoughts on this. Of course you can continue your humiliations and insults if that's what your definition of happiness implies.

I will continue my "humiliations" as long as you continue to insult my intelligence.

I repeat, go peddle your idiotic, disingenuous shit some place else.

Being on this forum has been fascinating for me. I learned a lot. I genuinely mean it. I carefully read through all you guys had to say. I'm admitting that I'm and idiot, isn't it a good progress for an idiot? I honestly didn't thought of my self as in idiot before my posts in this thread. I just want to learn why is it bad to be idiot. That's all.

Anyway, I have the impression that you are having a lot fun insulting me. If that is not the case and you are somehow "hurt" by my posts please tell me an I will immediately stop. I can peddle my shit somewhere else to learn more. It's ok.
26-06-2017, 08:22 AM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2017 08:25 AM by nosferatu323.)
(26-06-2017 08:06 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  

Also,

Well I can speak from experience here. I was once a certifiable idiot. I mean I had the capacity not to be an idiot but I chose for a while at least not to use that capacity and believed what the preacher said in church. If I had to choose between that former state and now, I'd choose the way I am now, not that I'm any great genius or anything.

Thanks for sharing your story. But this the exact opposite case for me. I had an "intellectual" period in my life when I had some good education and stuff, I understand I was somewhat non-idiot in that period. But now that I look at it I find it very displeasing to return to it.
26-06-2017, 08:24 AM
(26-06-2017 08:06 AM)true scotsman Wrote:  

Also,

Thanks for sharing your story. But this the exact opposite case for me. I had an "intellectual" period in my life when I had some good education and stuff, I understand I was somewhat non-idiot in that period. But now that I look at it I find it very displeasing to return to it.
26-06-2017, 08:33 AM
(26-06-2017 08:19 AM)nosferatu323 Wrote:  Being on this forum has been fascinating for me. I learned a lot. I genuinely mean it. I carefully read through all you guys had to say. I'm admitting that I'm and idiot, isn't it a good progress for an idiot? I honestly didn't thought of my self as in idiot before my posts in this thread. I just want to learn why is it bad to be idiot. That's all.

Are you at all capable of being honest or do you actually believe the crap that comes out of your mouth?

You have been nothing but disingenuous (and often passive-aggressive) here, and you don't appear to have learnt anything. The fake humbleness may work with your god (after all, he's a figment of your imagination so he can be anything you want him to be) but you're not fooling anyone else.

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post