An Alternative: Knowledge instead of Belief

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2017, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2017 05:35 PM by OmniConsUme.)
RE: An Alternative: Knowledge instead of Belief
Apparently A theist agrees, but also tells me this:

1. Dumbest people tend to be religious. (Correct)
2. Smartest and wisest people with the best and deepest education also tended to be religious (what?)
3. Atheists are have slightly above average mind and moderate education (LET' GENERALIZE ALL THE THINGs).
4. Atheists are also susceptible to propaganda (...and Religious people aren't?)

Number 4 gets me because she heavily implies that Atheism is based on Propaganda.

Edit: I have joined a group fighting actual threats from the left on science (Postmodernism) Richard Dawkins has warned about this, and she has the gall to call us dumb.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2017, 05:59 PM
(27-06-2017 05:31 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  Apparently A theist agrees, but also tells me this:

2. Smartest and wisest people with the best and deepest education also tended to be religious (what?)
3. Atheists are have slightly above average mind and moderate education (LET' GENERALIZE ALL THE THINGs).
4. Atheists are also susceptible to propaganda (...and Religious people aren't?)

Citations required, especially for #2

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
27-06-2017, 06:08 PM
Knowledge is a logic trap, there is no such thing as ultimate knowledge so searching for knowledge for knowledge's sake is futile. Knowledge is only useful when used to form a belief, and beliefs are fluid and can change at any time. This is how insight works, knowledge is synthesized and used to form ever changing beliefs, which is called insight.
27-06-2017, 06:14 PM (This post was last modified: 27-06-2017 06:22 PM by Vera.)
(27-06-2017 06:08 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Knowledge is a logic trap, there is no such thing as ultimate knowledge so searching for knowledge for knowledge's sake is futile. Knowledge is only useful when used to form a belief, and beliefs are fluid and can change at any time. This is how insight works, knowledge is synthesized and used to form ever changing beliefs, which is called insight.

Congrats. That was the dumbest post in this entire thread and seeing how this is among the dumbest threads we've ever had, this is saying something. Not something good, but hey, everyone should play to their strengths, eh? Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
27-06-2017, 06:17 PM
(27-06-2017 05:59 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 05:31 PM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  Apparently A theist agrees, but also tells me this:

Citations required, especially for #2

For number two she gave no citations

Three and four she only cited "The World of Epictetus", then didn't cite anything that would lump atheists in the midrange.
27-06-2017, 06:23 PM
(27-06-2017 06:14 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(27-06-2017 06:08 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Knowledge is a logic trap, there is no such thing as ultimate knowledge so searching for knowledge for knowledge's sake is futile. Knowledge is only useful when used to form a belief, and beliefs are fluid and can change at any time. This is how insight works, knowledge is synthesized and used to form ever changing beliefs, which is called insight.

Congrats. That was the dumbest post in this entire thread and seeing how this is among the dumbest threads we've ever had, this is saying something. Not something good, but hey, everyone should play to their strengths, eh? Drinking Beverage

Do you have a problem?
27-06-2017, 06:23 PM

~ The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you ~
-Neil Degrasse Tyson
[Image: stairway_to_heaven_by_tomtr.png]
~ 0 ~
[+] 1 user Likes Cosmo's post
27-06-2017, 06:24 PM
The Delphi technique is boring and predictable guys, find another way to attack me.
27-06-2017, 06:29 PM
(27-06-2017 06:08 PM)Angra Mainyu Wrote:  Knowledge is a logic trap, there is no such thing as ultimate knowledge so searching for knowledge for knowledge's sake is futile.

Not being able to attain "ultimate knowledge" doesn't mean that increasing your knowledge is a waste of time.
[Image: ijdema-knowledge-is-power_a-G-10357499-9664567.jpg]

Quote:Knowledge is only useful when used to form a belief, and beliefs are fluid and can change at any time.

My beliefs change when I gain knowledge that leads me to re-examine them. Your beliefs may be fluid but please do not attempt to speak for others.
[Image: 1404689237150]

Quote:This is how insight works, knowledge is synthesized and used to form ever changing beliefs, which is called insight.

Insight is the result of combining bits of knowledge in novel ways and that may instigate a change in beliefs but if your beliefs are "ever changing" then it sounds more like capriciousness.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
28-06-2017, 03:11 AM

Whoever told you this need some education:

Quote:1. Dumbest people tend to be religious. (Correct)

Link talk for itself

Quote:2. Smartest and wisest people with the best and deepest education also tended to be religious (what?)

Both links show it to be false.

Quote:3. Atheists are have slightly above average mind and moderate education (LET' GENERALIZE ALL THE THINGs).

Sure Rolleyes About four-in-ten atheists (43%) have a college degree, compared with 27% of the general public.

Quote:4. Atheists are also susceptible to propaganda (...and Religious people aren't?)

As evidenced by number of christians supporting Hitler I guess Rolleyes

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post