An "Angel" Caught On Camera

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2015, 08:19 AM
An "Angel" Caught On Camera
I love seeing incredible claims of the supernatural come up on my newsfeed because it always makes me question, "Well, if this really happened, why aren't more people talking about it?"

The guy narrating is saying, "This is totally real because these kids just came out of nowhere with a flashlight they somehow pulled out of their ass running towards where the angel was seen!"

So...thoughts?

We are eternal beings. Endings are not in our destiny.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2015, 08:30 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 11:00 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: An "Angel" Caught On Camera
(02-05-2015 08:19 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  I love seeing incredible claims of the supernatural come up on my newsfeed because it always makes me question, "Well, if this really happened, why aren't more people talking about it?"

The guy narrating is saying, "This is totally real because these kids just came out of nowhere with a flashlight they somehow pulled out of their ass running towards where the angel was seen!"

So...thoughts?

Shitty super low res security footage? Unknown editing? Easily staged kids and a 'angel' effect I could probably reproduce with Adobe After Effects with a weekend of work. Also notice how the 'angel', despite appearing to be a light source, is somehow unable to shine bright enough to remove the shadows on the ground cast from object above it from an apparently dim light source. I'd wager that it's an overlay effect, and it's done over shitty 'security footage' so that you can make it low res and blurry to better hide the effects. Another possibility is a combined effect, overlaying the 'angel' effect over an edited light source. Also other people aren't in the shot during the effect, which is a bait and switch that wants to convince you that there were other people present and witnessing the event, but of course nobody is ever in the frame and actually interacting with the phenomenon.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-05-2015, 09:13 AM
(02-05-2015 08:19 AM)kristenkjordan Wrote:  So...thoughts?

Looks like a moth on the camera lens to me

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
02-05-2015, 09:40 AM
Oh.
Why don't people talk about the UK's super hero artist who gets potholes filled by drawing attention to them with art? So much more inventive and constructive ... he paints big penises on the potholes so they have to do something.

I'm unsure if he chose his own moniker or if he was named by the public but ...
He is called ... WANKSY.

Yes, I BELIEVE IN WANKSY! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
02-05-2015, 10:50 AM
They call that Adobe After Effects. le sigh.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-05-2015, 11:46 AM
I've always liked the idea of angels...would be cool if they really existed. Big Grin

Be true to yourself. Heart
02-05-2015, 12:28 PM
This looks like a mall or shopping area. So an angel pops in and out of an almost empty shopping area. Um. OK. I guess nothing was on sale there so it went to find a Walmart.

And why is it supposed to be an angel? It could be an alien or the devil in disguised or
the kids with the flash lights could have aimed their flashlights on something that caused this beam. There's any number of things that could have happened.

I turned the sound off so I could only see the visual and not listen to a biased narrator.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
03-05-2015, 02:26 PM
[Image: angel.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-05-2015, 02:36 PM
Even if this were untouched footage, it doesn't make it an 'angel.' Dodgy
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
03-05-2015, 02:41 PM
(03-05-2015 02:26 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  [Image: angel.jpg]

How is his underwear staying on? Must be magic.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post