An Argument for God (cont.)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2013, 02:16 AM
RE: An Argument for God (cont.)
(04-04-2013 02:04 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  I really like Doctorx's response.

Essentially you'd have to concede that every disease, parasite, and error in DNA replication(cancer, genetic diseases etc). Were created by god. Yet these things seem not only curable, but have no relation to a god.

Then you should ask your self what is the purpose of such things if god created them? Not simply reply with god loves you.

Nobody replied with simply, "God loves you"

Because I once lived out of a car, I appreciate the home I own today more than I otherwise would. Suffering increases the capacity of happiness. At least in my experience.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2013, 02:25 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:31 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
[+] 2 users Like Doctor X's post
04-04-2013, 02:35 AM
(04-04-2013 02:25 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 02:06 AM)My Bitch Wrote:  If God created the world so that the worst that happens to a human being is they get a hang nail, . . .

Argumentum ad veritatem obfuscandam: a slow loss of motor function over months then death over a few more months to a year of total paralysis whilst feeling every pain--something you would know if you had read the details with a modicum of attention and responsibility exhibited by even the ape creatures of the Indus--proves a tad more alarming than . . .

. . . wait for it . . .

. . . a hang nail.

I don't believe "your" really interested in having an intelligent discussion. It seems very apparent now that you have come here to masturbate.

Ceiling cat is rather bored watching you masturbate.

Your inability to deal with Unjust Suffering noted yet again.

fstratzero Wrote:I really like Doctorx's response.

You grow in wisdom. . . .

Basically, he tries to diminish the extreme and unnecessary Unjust Suffering of the child because he knows he cannot account for it. So he blathers bromides as if they sooth anything.

They do not.

He does, however, demonstrate the depths of degradation some will descend in order to maintain the fairy tale that he is "special" in the universe and the universe--anthropomorphized in complete silliness--cares about him. That others must suffer for his delusions matter not to him.

Basically, I trapped him. He is mine. He knows it. All know it.

--J.D.

Bask in that circlejerk....you know you love it.

If it makes you feel better about yourself for having "trapped" me, then by all means keep up that delusion, but you haven't come close to convincing me.
04-04-2013, 02:43 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:30 PM by Doctor X.)

Those who administer and moderate in order to exercise personal agenda merely feed into the negative stereotype of Atheism
04-04-2013, 02:53 AM
(04-04-2013 02:43 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 02:35 AM)My Bitch Wrote:  I do enjoy masturbating. Fucking too bad the children cannot.

Since it is all you have. . . .

Quote:but you haven't come close to convincing me.

But of course I have. That is why you are so upset. Yet, given that I am verily Humble--but MagNIfIcent--Kind--a RIVER to my people--it pains me greatly--but not as great as the decubitus ulcer suffered by such children. The urinary tract infections. The feeling when the ventilator pops off the tracheostomy--as they do--and one is suffocating in those moments as family and staff fumble to replace it--to inform you that it is not about you.

Your odious lack of empathy, your willingness to toss the innocent into the infernos of your deluded need to be loved by the universe--to be told you are "Special" and whatever fool idea you have is logical, all of this which you consistently demonstrate with every churlish and puerile tantrum--all of these convince others who question that you have no answer.

It is for those--and for the children who suffer without an answer--that I do this.

I know.

You are too busy abusing yourself to understand.

But it is not about you, son.

--J.D.

If deluding yourself into thinking your some sort of crusader brings you happiness, then by all means maintain that delusion. However only the circle jerkers will find value in the lies you spread when you alter quotes...the rest of us see right thru your trollish behavior.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
04-04-2013, 02:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:30 PM by Doctor X.)

04-04-2013, 03:06 AM
(04-04-2013 02:59 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  If deluding yourself into thinking your Laughat some sort of crusader brings you happiness then by all means maintain that delusion. It will expose you as a Cunt; however, as one willing to wallow in the suffering of others--to feast on the very flesh of the dead and dying--all to maintain your deluded need to be "special."

I know.

We know.

Even you know.

That is why you have lost.

And unkind man would note I have won.

Fortunately, I am kind.

--J.D.

If deluding yourself I to thinking you've won brings you happiness, then by all means...maintain that delusion.
04-04-2013, 03:16 AM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2013 06:30 PM by Doctor X.)

04-04-2013, 08:58 AM
(04-04-2013 12:53 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 12:21 AM)Doctor X Wrote:  The Good[(Sic)--Ed.] Doctor's Prodigiously Pretentiously Pompously Perspicaciously Pedagogical Pediatric Pontine Tumor Proof

Here, again, is a real observation that requires explanation despite EddieBaby's cowardice. Children and adolescents develop a rather nasty tumor of the brain stem, particularly the metencephalon, or pons. It is infiltrative and not amenable to surgery, radiation, or chemotherapy. The latter two therapies merely prolong the ultimate decline.

[Image: 1-s2.0-S1470204506706155-gr2.jpg]

The decline? As with real estate, the watchword for the central nervous system is "location!" The tumor destroys the descending voluntary pathways and centers for the cranial nerves which enervate facial musculature whilst preserving the sensory pathways. The child progressively losses control of her body up to her eye muscles which allows some rudimentary communication. Since the trigger for consciousness is located in the more rostral ventral midbrain or mesencephalon, she remains conscious throughout the months of decline. During this deterioration, she retains sensation and consciousness. She feels every ulcer, every pain; she remains completely aware of her condition and decline.

Eventually, on a tracheostomy, she will succumb usually to an infection.

This is not only a real case, it is all too frequent.

In fact, here is a quote given to me from a parent left on a webpage in which the parent describes the condition:

I am not sure “mercy” is a word that applies.

This is a case of Unjustified Suffering unless you or anyone else can find some manner in which to justify it. Notice that I do not attack the death--people die. Perhaps she was destined to be the next Celine Dion. . . . It is the extent and severity of the suffering that renders it Unjustified Suffering. What did the child do to deserve it? Consider then why Josef Mengele passed easily from a stroke while swimming. Why did he apparently deserve a far easier passage?

Perhaps imagine a Heaven and a Hell--dream up a reward and punishment that will somehow magically balance the books, so to write? The problem remains the extent and severity of the suffering. If die she must, far quicker and less-severe methods do end a tyke's existence. Forced listening of country-western music, for example. Children do, unfortunately, ask what the did wrong to be punished by such a condition. What "reward" balances it? Is it greater than that obtained by children who die of leukemia, car accidents, and falling masonry? Why? Furthermore, that one imagines a Mengele horribly tortured throughout eternity--something involving fish hooks and Patsy Cline--does not justify the extensive and severe suffering of the child. Finally, if some grand argumentum ad ignorantiam of a "reward" exists, why do not the children who die of the less-horrible leukemia and steam rollers deserve it?

Since No Alleviation of her Unjustified Suffering occurred, we are left with Five Possible Choices [All Rights Reserved.--Ed.] regarding deities:

1. No Deity Exists
2. A Deity Exists and He is Evil
3. A Deity Exists and He is Incompetent
4. A Deity Exists and He is Irrelevant
5. A Deity Exists and He is Some Combination of 2-4

all are, of course, free to choose from any one of the Five.

For some reason, EddieBaby lacks the sphincter tone to choose. At least the child has an excuse for her lack of . . . tone.

--J.D.

The fact that she is a child is not relavent to your argument. The real question is why do we have to suffer? Phil Ken Sebben said, "I know when I die I'm going to heaven because I've already been to Hell". Can true joy exists without pain and suffering? Maybe God made humans to suffer in order so that they may experience true joy.

So how about 6. A deity exists and he loves us.

Nope. If he was all-powerful, he can make joy exist without pain. The fact he didn't/ doesn't leaves you with option 2.

If he isn't all powerful to do that leaves you with option 3.

Your 6th option doesn't stand.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
04-04-2013, 09:01 AM
(04-04-2013 02:16 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(04-04-2013 02:04 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  I really like Doctorx's response.

Essentially you'd have to concede that every disease, parasite, and error in DNA replication(cancer, genetic diseases etc). Were created by god. Yet these things seem not only curable, but have no relation to a god.

Then you should ask your self what is the purpose of such things if god created them? Not simply reply with god loves you.

Nobody replied with simply, "God loves you"

Because I once lived out of a car, I appreciate the home I own today more than I otherwise would. Suffering increases the capacity of happiness. At least in my experience.

You could have had that increase of suffering without the pain of living in a car, the pain wasn't necessary.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post