An Argument for God (cont.)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2013, 01:48 PM
RE: An Argument for God (cont.)
(05-04-2013 01:05 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 12:52 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  We don't assume it started 14.7 billion years ago, that's what your doing. We know with a high degree of certainty that it started 13.82 billion years.

It's the result of a complex process, but how can you say it's emergent? What is it emerging from? I guess your meaning to imply reality is an emergent process of god. Are you a pantheist?

You are correct, the current consensus is around 13.77 billion years, plus or minus 37 million years. I'm not sure where I got 14.7 from.

Anyways I think it might be better to do a thread on emergent complexity.

Please. The subject has been done to death, including by you. Intelligent Design has been debunked. Spare us. Troll.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

Lots of fruits in beligion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 01:52 PM
(05-04-2013 01:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 01:05 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  You are correct, the current consensus is around 13.77 billion years, plus or minus 37 million years. I'm not sure where I got 14.7 from.

Anyways I think it might be better to do a thread on emergent complexity.

Please. The subject has been done to death, including by you. Intelligent Design has been debunked. Spare us. Troll.

Emergent complexity has nothing to do with intelligent design. The fact that you are confusing irreducible complexity with emergent complexity is even more evidence a thread needs t be done.

I forgive again for calling me a troll.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
05-04-2013, 01:56 PM
(05-04-2013 01:52 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 01:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Please. The subject has been done to death, including by you. Intelligent Design has been debunked. Spare us. Troll.

Emergent complexity has nothing to do with intelligent design. The fact that you are confusing irreducible complexity with emergent complexity is even more evidence a thread needs t be done.

I forgive you for forgiving me.
I don't forgive you for being an idiot troll.
Start another stupid thread, and I'll start lobbying to get you banned, or your posts limited.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist & Levitating Yogi
John 15:16 : "You did not choose me, I chose you, so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last"

05-04-2013, 01:58 PM
(05-04-2013 01:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 12:33 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  When did I tell you God was perfect? When did I start talking about the God of the Bible? You're making stuff up.

You never did answer the question. Is some amount of suffering good?

You don't need to tell me anything. I was only musing on your sadism remark to Chas.

I think my thoughts on suffering have already been covered. That being said, since you seem to issues with comprehension, when you asked, "Is some amount of suffering good?" my answer is no.

Tell me do you sleep, nude on the floor in the dead of winter, without heat, simply to appreciate having blankets and a mattress?

Your view of life seems to be rather myopic.

Where I live you would die if you slept nude on the floor with no heat. However since moving to cold country, I appreaciate a warm spring day now.

05-04-2013, 02:01 PM
(05-04-2013 01:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 01:52 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Emergent complexity has nothing to do with intelligent design. The fact that you are confusing irreducible complexity with emergent complexity is even more evidence a thread needs t be done.

I forgive you for forgiving me.
Start another stupid thread, and I'll start lobbying to get you banned, or your posts limited.

I forgive you for calling me an idiot troll.

Go ahead and start your lobbying, the internet is a big place, there are plenty of other forums. I won't be butt hurt if I get banned.

05-04-2013, 02:08 PM
(05-04-2013 02:01 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 01:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I forgive you for forgiving me.

Go ahead and start your lobbying, the internet is a big place, there are plenty of other forums. I won't be butt hurt if I get banned.

Feel free to take your stupidity displayed since your first thread, somewhere else, and not wait. I forgive you for forgiving me.

05-04-2013, 02:13 PM
(05-04-2013 02:01 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 01:56 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I forgive you for forgiving me.

I think his point is that arguments for a designer suck. All that happens is attempts at shifting or fulfilling the burden of proof that fail. I mean, for a perfect example look at 'Run the Gauntlet'. After eighty pages the PJ still hasn't given us the proof he claims to have, after his requests were more than reasonably met by page about page 20. Your less dodgy then him, and appear to be trying to come up with evidence for what you believe, but I still don't see any.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

05-04-2013, 02:32 PM
(05-04-2013 02:13 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 02:01 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I forgive you for calling me an idiot troll.

I think his point is that arguments for a designer suck. All that happens is attempts at shifting or fulfilling the burden of proof that fail. I mean, for a perfect example look at 'Run the Gauntlet'. After eighty pages the PJ still hasn't given us the proof he claims to have, after his requests were more than reasonably met by page about page 20. Your less dodgy then him, and appear to be trying to come up with evidence for what you believe, but I still don't see any.

I haven't put forth an argument for a designer yet. Right now I am shooting holes in Doctor Xs claim that because suffering exists in the world that is evidence God or certain versions do not exist. Of course his argument really comes down to him making a subjective assertion that the level of suffering allowed to befall mankind is so extreme that his claim must be true.....which is silly of course.

05-04-2013, 03:15 PM
(05-04-2013 02:32 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 02:13 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  I think his point is that arguments for a designer suck. All that happens is attempts at shifting or fulfilling the burden of proof that fail. I mean, for a perfect example look at 'Run the Gauntlet'. After eighty pages the PJ still hasn't given us the proof he claims to have, after his requests were more than reasonably met by page about page 20. Your less dodgy then him, and appear to be trying to come up with evidence for what you believe, but I still don't see any.

I haven't put forth an argument for a designer yet. Right now I am shooting holes in Doctor Xs claim that because suffering exists in the world that is evidence God or certain versions do not exist. Of course his argument really comes down to him making a subjective assertion that the level of suffering allowed to befall mankind is so extreme that his claim must be true.....which is silly of course.

Obviously YOU have no experience with severe pain. What an idiotic thing to say. How dismissive of the suffering of others you fatuous ignorant troll.

[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
05-04-2013, 05:44 PM
(05-04-2013 03:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 02:32 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I haven't put forth an argument for a designer yet. Right now I am shooting holes in Doctor Xs claim that because suffering exists in the world that is evidence God or certain versions do not exist. Of course his argument really comes down to him making a subjective assertion that the level of suffering allowed to befall mankind is so extreme that his claim must be true.....which is silly of course.

Obviously YOU have no experience with severe pain. What an idiotic thing to say. How dismissive of the suffering of others you fatuous ignorant troll.

I'm not dismissing the suffering of others. I just acknowledge that because we suffer we use our intellect in ways we would not if we did not suffer.

Perhaps one day you will post something meaningful instead of lies and insults.