An Argument for God (cont.)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2013, 06:03 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 06:07 PM by Adenosis.)
RE: An Argument for God (cont.)
(05-04-2013 05:44 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 03:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Obviously YOU have no experience with severe pain. What an idiotic thing to say. How dismissive of the suffering of others you fatuous ignorant troll.

I'm not dismissing the suffering of others. I just acknowledge that because we suffer we use our intellect in ways we would not if we did not suffer.

Perhaps one day you will post something meaningful instead of lies and insults.

Right, we use it in such a way as to avoid suffering as much as possible. I do not believe real suffering is ever necessary. I say real suffering just to differentiate from your previous example of a mother forcing her kid to eat broccoli or something like that. I don't consider that suffering, I consider that growing up.

I consider suffering to occur when there is a absence or lack of food, air and heat, or when in the presence of danger and pain.

A child being told to eat broccoli doesn't qualify unless allergic.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 06:13 PM
(05-04-2013 06:03 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 05:44 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm not dismissing the suffering of others. I just acknowledge that because we suffer we use our intellect in ways we would not if we did not suffer.

Perhaps one day you will post something meaningful instead of lies and insults.

Right, we use it in such a way as to avoid suffering as much as possible. I do not believe real suffering is ever necessary. I say real suffering just to differentiate from your previous example of a mother forcing her kid to eat broccoli or something like that. I don't consider that suffering, I consider that growing up.

I consider suffering to occur when there is a absence or lack of food, air and heat, or when in the presence of danger and pain.

That's fine as long as you realize that your position is based on a subjective opinion and not a reasoned argument. Listen, I'm not saying you, Doctor X, or mom are wrong. I'm saying your guy's subjective opinion isn't a convincing argument that will persuade me into believing God does not exist. Doctor X made a ridiculous argument that might appeal to peoples emotions....but that's as far as it can really go.

Vosur, Anjele, Hanoff.....have you learned nothing in my absence?
05-04-2013, 06:33 PM
(05-04-2013 06:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 06:03 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  Right, we use it in such a way as to avoid suffering as much as possible. I do not believe real suffering is ever necessary. I say real suffering just to differentiate from your previous example of a mother forcing her kid to eat broccoli or something like that. I don't consider that suffering, I consider that growing up.

That's fine as long as you realize that your position is based on a subjective opinion and not a reasoned argument. Listen, I'm not saying you, Doctor X, or mom are wrong. I'm saying your guy's subjective opinion isn't a convincing argument that will persuade me into believing God does not exist. Doctor X made a ridiculous argument that might appeal to peoples emotions....but that's as far as it can really go.

Can you give me a good reason to believe dragons don't exist?

05-04-2013, 06:45 PM
(05-04-2013 06:33 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 06:13 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  That's fine as long as you realize that your position is based on a subjective opinion and not a reasoned argument. Listen, I'm not saying you, Doctor X, or mom are wrong. I'm saying your guy's subjective opinion isn't a convincing argument that will persuade me into believing God does not exist. Doctor X made a ridiculous argument that might appeal to peoples emotions....but that's as far as it can really go.

Can you give me a good reason to believe dragons don't exist?

Well now you are making a different argument against the existence of God.

05-04-2013, 06:46 PM
(05-04-2013 06:45 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 06:33 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  Can you give me a good reason to believe dragons don't exist?

Well now you are making a different argument against the existence of God.

Can you not?

05-04-2013, 06:55 PM
(05-04-2013 06:46 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 06:45 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Well now you are making a different argument against the existence of God.

Can you not?

Maybe in another thread......In this thread I chose to attack Doctor X's silly "argument".

05-04-2013, 07:00 PM
(05-04-2013 06:55 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 06:46 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  Can you not?

Maybe in another thread......In this thread I chose to attack Doctor X's silly "argument".

Bullshit, give me a good reason to believe dragons don't exist. You expect us to convince you of the lack of existence of a much more vague entity yet you can't even convince me dragons don't exist?

You believe in dragons right?

05-04-2013, 07:19 PM
(05-04-2013 07:00 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 06:55 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Maybe in another thread......In this thread I chose to attack Doctor X's silly "argument".

Bullshit, give me a good reason to believe dragons don't exist. You expect us to convince you of the lack of existence of a much more vague entity yet you can't even convince me dragons don't exist?

Remember the chain of events, Doctor X made a faulty argument. You guys joined in and tried to prop up his argument. The only reason I expect you to try to convince me is because without any prompting from me, you guys engaged in an exercise to try to convince me. Just because you failed in no way imparts a responsibility in me to participate in a new argument. I'm not opposed to having this discussion with you, but I see no value in taking this thread in a different direction.

05-04-2013, 10:33 PM
(05-04-2013 07:19 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 07:00 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  Bullshit, give me a good reason to believe dragons don't exist. You expect us to convince you of the lack of existence of a much more vague entity yet you can't even convince me dragons don't exist?

Remember the chain of events, Doctor X made a faulty argument. You guys joined in and tried to prop up his argument. The only reason I expect you to try to convince me is because without any prompting from me, you guys engaged in an exercise to try to convince me. Just because you failed in no way imparts a responsibility in me to participate in a new argument. I'm not opposed to having this discussion with you, but I see no value in taking this thread in a different direction.

You can't prove the non existence of something. The lack of proof for its existence works in a reverse way as the proof.

If God exists I hope he has a good excuse -Woody Allen
05-04-2013, 10:44 PM
(05-04-2013 06:55 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-04-2013 06:46 PM)Adenosis Wrote:  Can you not?

Wow. You must be proud of yourself. Guy bails over censorship issues; ya cannot wait to take the credit.

When are you going to realize that you and your puppet-master Egor are merely making the argument for ego?

God has no need of identity, no desire for punishment; most especially, no requirement for advocates the likes of you two.

Pair of fucking douchebags projecting your insecurities on your supposed peer group.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post