An Argument of Purpose?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-03-2012, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 07:12 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: An Argument of Purpose?
(14-03-2012 06:16 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  As for the actual "dying", well who knows?.......I try to condition myself to reacting as best as possible to a bad dying........Big Grin

(14-03-2012 06:30 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Most of my death worry comes from the dying itself. Of the pain. I hate it when people say someone died painlessly because it's like... did they tell you that?

You guys ain't got a go bag? I've had one for decades. Recently added nitrogen gas to it. Wink

(14-03-2012 06:31 PM)Dom Wrote:  My husband was at home and he had no pain. As long as he was lucid he did tell me so, and I was ready with pain killers, just watching for any sign of discomfort. He wanted none. He felt fine actually, he just felt like he was fading away. Which he was. We talked about it, we didn't avoid the subject like a lot of people. He was peaceful and his breathing just got slower and slower. People in pain breathe rapidly. Everything about him looked and felt very peaceful and relaxed all the way.

That is a good death. I want that death.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-03-2012, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 07:17 PM by lucradis.)
Where in the hell does one acquire nitrogen gas without getting funny looks?

I've heard about the exit bag actually as a friend of a friend was diagnosed with cancer and decided he was going to end it before the excruciating pain. I guess he figured it out because three months later he was gone.

My issue with that would be the sitting there fully aware of what you are doing. I'd be afraid my brain would chicken out just before the "exit" part and I'd permanently fuck up my brains. Or that I'd pass out and someone would find me and "save" me. People would all be thanking them for being a hero and I'd be giving them dirty looks the whole time.

I still say the best way to go is by surprise. Ala violent death. Shot to the head when I'm not expecting it.

Wow way to derail the thread into depressing suicide chatter Girly. Smile

About the penis comment. I've been kicked in the nuts so many times it doesn't bother me that much anymore. Usually I lose wind about ten minutes later and curl up into a fetal position Smile No biggie. Least mine doesn't bleed without provocation.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
14-03-2012, 07:19 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 07:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-03-2012 07:14 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Where in the hell does one acquire nitrogen gas without getting funny looks?

I have a paintball gun. Big Grin

(14-03-2012 07:14 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Wow way to derail the thread into depressing suicide chatter Girly. Smile

You didn't anticipate this direction with your OP? Huh ... And what's so depressing?

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
14-03-2012, 07:25 PM
I spend zero time anticipating threads.

Where's the fun in that? I like to watch and see what happens.

Check out the Holocaust thread. Totally just won that one. Bet no one saw it coming.

That's how life should be. Unexpected.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
14-03-2012, 07:27 PM
(14-03-2012 07:14 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I still say the best way to go is by surprise. Ala violent death. Shot to the head when I'm not expecting it.

Bet you weren't expecting this to be used against you when you posted it:

[Image: asian-girl-bang-bang-gif.gif]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-03-2012, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2012 07:34 PM by GirlyMan.)
(14-03-2012 07:14 PM)lucradis Wrote:  My issue with that would be the sitting there fully aware of what you are doing. I'd be afraid my brain would chicken out just before the "exit" part and I'd permanently fuck up my brains.

That's why I got my own personal unofficial "living will" with the wife and kids. Once I write the note, if I ain't up to the act, I expect them to be. ... Lest they disappoint me. ... Just got to figure out now how to turn that potential momentary disappointment into a financial incentive with a legally enforceable last will and testament. Wink

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
14-03-2012, 07:30 PM
(14-03-2012 07:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 07:14 PM)lucradis Wrote:  My issue with that would be the sitting there fully aware of what you are doing. I'd be afraid my brain would chicken out just before the "exit" part and I'd permanently fuck up my brains.

That's why I got my own personal unofficial "living will" with the wife and kids. Once I write the note, if I ain't up to the act, I expect them to be. ... Lest they disappoint me.

I just hope ManlyGirl hasn't perfected forging your signature yet.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
14-03-2012, 07:35 PM
I've often thought of that as well and being the person who likes chance but only to a certain degree, have had this discussion with the wife. Unfortunately she won't help. Anyone want to come to Canada for about an hour or so in the future maybe hahaha.

Luckily I live in BC so dying of a violent death isn't so far out of the question. Also I'm mouthy.

14-03-2012, 07:38 PM
(14-03-2012 07:35 PM)lucradis Wrote:  I've often thought of that as well and being the person who likes chance but only to a certain degree, have had this discussion with the wife. Unfortunately she won't help. Anyone want to come to Canada for about an hour or so in the future maybe hahaha.

Luckily I live in BC so dying of a violent death isn't so far out of the question. Also I'm mouthy.

I've got my Washington State enhanced license and a really sharp cheese grater. Let me know when you're ready.

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
14-03-2012, 07:44 PM
(14-03-2012 07:30 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(14-03-2012 07:28 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

That's why I got my own personal unofficial "living will" with the wife and kids. Once I write the note, if I ain't up to the act, I expect them to be. ... Lest they disappoint me.

I just hope ManlyGirl hasn't perfected forging your signature yet.

Big Grin She needn't bother. She's signed my name so many times by now that I'm the forger.