Poll: Do you like the idea of an art section?
Yes
No
Dunno
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
An Art Section

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2011, 02:49 AM
An Art Section
I thought it would be a good idea to add an art section for things like: sharing your work, discussing art, wallpapers and stuff like Snuff's concepts, photography, streetart,...

I was thinking about starting a discussion about Modern Art and i didn't immediately found a place that seemed appropriate for it. So I thought it would be a nice suggestion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2011, 03:45 AM
RE: An Art Section
Good idea. It might distract us from our usual habits of Satan worshipping, writing communist leaflets and baby eating. Tongue

You should add a link to your website for starters.

Are you currently enrolled in an art class/school? Or are your creations just a product of spare time and creativity?

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
04-05-2011, 04:01 AM
(04-05-2011 03:45 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  Good idea. It might distract us from our usual habits of Satan worshipping, writing communist leaflets and baby eating. Tongue

You should add a link to your website for starters.

Are you currently enrolled in an art class/school? Or are your creations just a product of spare time and creativity?

Well at the moment i'm studying to become a graphic designer specialized in either illustrations or game design (i'm not sure which one i will choose at the moment)

I started posting all my work on deviantart from since i started drawing as a hobby.
A few years later i took part in drawing lessons (just to make sure i would at least draw 4 hours a week, cause the best way to learn drawing is by doing it often). Later on i had my sketchbook on my schoolbench during many lessons without any complaints of the teachers (I studied Science-Math (literal translation)).

After a few years my drawings really started to improve (you can see how much i improved if you look at the beginning of my DA gallery). At this point i was rather sick of studying (not that i did it very often), I never liked doing it.

So i got accepted for the Graphic Design direction. I now post both my school work and my hobbydrawings.

Here's my DA-gallery http://the-awaken.deviantart.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2011, 04:07 AM
(04-05-2011 03:45 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  ...and baby eating...
But, But But... They are tasty... Sad

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
04-05-2011, 05:12 AM
(04-05-2011 04:07 AM)The_observer Wrote:  But, But But... They are tasty... Sad

Maybe you should start an atheist cooking section then? Wink

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
04-05-2011, 05:24 AM
You beat me to it! Big Grin I voted yes because this is a great idea and great minds think alike. Haha.
04-05-2011, 07:46 AM
The casual coffee house is intended for that kind of thing. If we add a section for every topic we can think of the site will become impossible to navigate.

Start a discussion, and if there ends up being ten threads on art in a week or two, then maybe we'll add a separate section, but for now I don't think the topic wil generate enough discussion on an atheist website.

Just visiting.

-SR
04-05-2011, 02:44 PM
(04-05-2011 05:12 AM)Thammuz Wrote:  
(04-05-2011 04:07 AM)The_observer Wrote:  But, But But... They are tasty... Sad

Maybe you should start an atheist cooking section then? Wink
Has been done...

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
05-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Maybe an Art section should just be dismissed for now until we have other people including their own pieces at a moderate rate, otherwise it's just going to get hidden in the forums, DeepThought has brought this to my attention.
06-05-2011, 02:33 AM
(05-05-2011 08:21 PM)Snuff Wrote:  Maybe an Art section should just be dismissed for now until we have other people including their own pieces at a moderate rate, otherwise it's just going to get hidden in the forums, DeepThought has brought this to my attention.

It was dismissed two posts ago

Just visiting.

-SR