An Asexual Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
20-04-2012, 05:16 PM
RE: An Asexual Atheist
(20-04-2012 04:23 PM)kineo Wrote:  
(20-04-2012 04:11 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I hate it when people become atheists because their religion repressed them. Just because you are strongly against an idea doesn't automatically make your god not exist.

Since it probably doesn't exist anyway, it's kinda moot. Still, a person doesn't have to be a rational thinker to not believe in any gods.

Ya its true it's probably all a pile rubbish, but I think if you become an atheist, your decision should come from rational thinking, not because you just choose to not believe it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2012, 05:22 PM
(20-04-2012 05:16 PM)Magoo Wrote:  
(20-04-2012 04:23 PM)kineo Wrote:  Since it probably doesn't exist anyway, it's kinda moot. Still, a person doesn't have to be a rational thinker to not believe in any gods.

Ya its true it's probably all a pile rubbish, but I think if you become an atheist, your decision should come from rational thinking, not because you just choose to not believe it.

It wasn't a decision for me. I was born an atheist and always have been an atheist. I can't really help the fact that I don't believe in a god(s).

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 2 users Like frankiej's post
20-04-2012, 05:40 PM
i wonder, how can someone be born as an atheist ? is it like a finger you were born with... or nose or eye etc.
it will be interessting if i'm gonna hear now that there is a gene of atheism
20-04-2012, 05:44 PM
(20-04-2012 05:40 PM)Nupaggadi Wrote:  i wonder, how can someone be born as an atheist ? is it like a finger you were born with... or nose or eye etc.
Really? Everyone is born as an atheist. As well as an A-everything that exists outside of this sensation I am experiencing.

It's the default position. You have to be taught or hear about some religion to become a theist of any type.

The amount of posts I've seen lately about how atheism should only come from rational thinking or atheists should be the main ones to just use logical thinking has seemed disingenuous to the moment I see. These aspects should be encouraged but not looked upon as some elite grouping or ultimate pathway.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
20-04-2012, 05:50 PM
really ? everyone is born without religion. not as an atheist . atheism is a fabrication of society it has nothing more than an ideology or a religion or something else.
20-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god... nothing more.

20-04-2012, 06:00 PM
when there are some communities of some terms, these terms become something more than being just terms it's not a distinction of black and white it's just a situation
20-04-2012, 06:02 PM
Well, now you just ain't making sense, mister. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
20-04-2012, 10:03 PM
(20-04-2012 05:40 PM)Nupaggadi Wrote:  i wonder, how can someone be born as an atheist ? is it like a finger you were born with... or nose or eye etc.
I was born without a belief in god/s
21-04-2012, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 21-04-2012 01:52 AM by Nupaggadi.)
(20-04-2012 10:03 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
I was born without a belief in god/s
well, everyone was born with no belief
(20-04-2012 06:02 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Well, now you just ain't making sense, mister. Tongue
personally, i don't have mission like making sense for you or someone. it's not a thing that you can be agree or not it's a situation and there's so many else in nature that make no sense for people, my fellow, but it's not mean that they are meaningless
like it or not noone can describe atheism just like a term anymore it's a concrete position after all even that site is a social institution and there is a community of atheists, also they are everywhere. like i told before meaningful or not when there are some communities, than these terms like atheism become something more than just not believing in god
(20-04-2012 05:55 PM)frankiej Wrote:  Atheism is simply a lack of belief in a god... nothing more.
and it's not simple at all like you think it can not be but that's just your opinion
it's like when believers don't like something from bible, they add their opinions and starting to believe this new religion of themselves but still thinking that it's universal and generally accepted. Everything is just an opinion of someone but there are situations and like science does, i try to do that too, observation without prejudice
but if you a guru of atheism after all, than i respect Bowing