An Asexual Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
25-03-2012, 09:47 PM
RE: An Asexual Atheist
Sexual orientation and libido have nothing to do with atheism. What one does with them does.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-03-2012, 04:04 AM
(25-03-2012 09:17 PM)Stardust Wrote:  
(25-03-2012 04:16 PM)Stevil Wrote:  I would never have thought that anyone perceived atheism as being about sexuality.

Some religions tend to be overly focused on sexuality. Whom you can have sex with, whom you can't, when it is allowed, when it is not, how many partners you are allowed (0,1 or more), what positions are allowed, whether you are allowed contraceptives, whether you have the right intent (recreation or procreation)...

Atheism doesn't seem to be concerned about sex at all.
You are correct. Let me clarify what I said.

The first group of atheists I met were often focused on being as sexual as possible because the religion they left restricted their sexuality. They were very blatant about sex. I, however, was not interested in being sexual, even though I came from a religion that mandated marriage before sex, or else, no sex at all. So, to them, it appeared as though I was not being an Atheist.
OK, yes, it seems that some people don't quite understand what atheist means.

Instead of being SATANIC Evil_monster

Atheism is simply a lack of belief in gods Sad . Which means we don't know where the universe came from Huh , we aren't concerned about homosexuality, we aren't labeling abortionists as murderers and we would like the option to peacefully terminate our own lives should we be unfortunate enough to have a painful terminal illness. Which is not really anything to write home about. Drinking Beverage

We just go about our own lives being sceptical about what we are told Consider but being non judgmental about others Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
27-03-2012, 08:41 AM
(24-03-2012 07:37 PM)satan69 Wrote:  you might not really be asexual. you just might not like sex enough anymore to put up with all the work and emotional baggage that goes into getting sex.To pursue a girl, or guy for that matter, much work is needed. it really is a pursuit like a cop chasing a criminal. there are alot of stops and turns. sex is very overrated as you get older. the endorphines that are released during sex are no longer powerful enough. its like a drug. you need more and more meth,cocaine,oxycotin or whatever your using to get the same high you had the first time. I 100% believe this. its the reason why guys cheat. its the reason why the divorce rate is 50% and eventually going to 70% as society becomes more advanced.
Women don't cheat?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
27-03-2012, 08:43 AM
(24-03-2012 12:39 PM)Hamata k Wrote:  I was under the impression that asexual mean that something can reproduce by itself.........are you human?

This. OP is non-sexual. And I've never once gotten the impression that people think of atheism in a sexual way. They may think we fuck sheep and little boys because we have 'no morals' but overall I don't think they think of atheism in itself as sexual perversion.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
28-03-2012, 02:49 AM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 03:00 AM by Mark Fulton.)
(24-03-2012 01:04 PM)Egor Wrote:  I think being asexual is fine and will give you the opportunity to do a lot more with your life than a lot of peole do. I've known people that were "alone" but were not lonely, and I hope that's how it is with you, if you are alone. When you think about it, even married people often are asexual especially in their elder years.
Good luck to you.
Wow Egor.....congratulations!
(24-03-2012 11:23 AM)Stardust Wrote:  I am not sure where to post this, so mods, move this thread if need be.

I am asexual, which means that I do not experience sexual attraction. For those who have not heard of this term before, you can do research if the orientation intrigues you, or if you simply want more information.

For quite some time, I was uncomfortable with atheism, not because of its definition, but because of its seeming implications. You know how religious people often portray atheists: "They reject God because they want to have all the sex they want!". I perused a different forum where members supported their deconversions from Christianity, and I found that some of them had been sexually repressed by the religion. They reacted to the repression by moving in the opposite direction, developing a sexual myopia of sorts. I do believe that religion, when embraced to an extreme, can cause one to be sexually repressed. However, after my deconversion, I had absolutely no interest in sex, or romance, for that matter.

I am not here to defend my orientation. I am making an observation about what atheism can appear to imply--that an atheist is a sexually active individual.

Thoughts?
Take some zinc. Doctor Mark
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Well now this is an interesting topic.

Sex has never made a lick of sense to me since day one. I'm 28 and a virgin for that reason.

If this is an honest condition it would help explain a lot...I always just chalked up my lack of drive to having sex being nailed into me as "dirty" since a young age.
28-03-2012, 09:07 AM
(28-03-2012 07:07 AM)Godless Wrote:  Well now this is an interesting topic.

Sex has never made a lick of sense to me since day one. I'm 28 and a virgin for that reason.

If this is an honest condition it would help explain a lot...I always just chalked up my lack of drive to having sex being nailed into me as "dirty" since a young age.

LOL at a 28 year old claiming to be a virgin on purpose. No offense but if you had the slightest amount of game you'd have accidentally gotten laid in 28 years.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
28-03-2012, 09:37 AM
(28-03-2012 09:07 AM)germanyt Wrote:  

LOL at a 28 year old claiming to be a virgin on purpose. No offense but if you had the slightest amount of game you'd have accidentally gotten laid in 28 years.
At least with the hand. ;DDDDDD

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
28-03-2012, 03:11 PM
(28-03-2012 09:07 AM)germanyt Wrote:  

I don't understand this response. It's your life godless, live it how you want.
28-03-2012, 05:44 PM
The theist logic is as follows:
- God commands that we not have sex unless it to make babies.
- We should make babies, and lots of them.
- Any sex act that is not to make babies is against God.
- Condoms, homosexuals, unmarried sex for fun, any form of birth control...are all against God.
- Anyone not wanting to admit God's laws just wants to have Godless sex.
- Atheists deny God's existance.
- Atheists must want to have Godless sex.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
[+] 2 users Like Thomas's post