An Asexual Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
28-03-2012, 05:51 PM
RE: An Asexual Atheist
(28-03-2012 07:07 AM)Godless Wrote:  Well now this is an interesting topic.

Sex has never made a lick of sense to me since day one. I'm 28 and a virgin for that reason.

If this is an honest condition it would help explain a lot...I always just chalked up my lack of drive to having sex being nailed into me as "dirty" since a young age.

Take some zinc, Doctor Mark
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2012, 05:57 PM

Sex has never made a lick of sense to me since day one. I'm 28 and a virgin for that reason.

If this is an honest condition it would help explain a lot...I always just chalked up my lack of drive to having sex being nailed into me as "dirty" since a young age.
The things people will admit to on forums Huh

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
Find all posts by this user
28-03-2012, 07:14 PM
(28-03-2012 09:07 AM)germanyt Wrote:  

LOL at a 28 year old claiming to be a virgin on purpose. No offense but if you had the slightest amount of game you'd have accidentally gotten laid in 28 years.
First it's not on purpose and having a "game" implies a drive. I'm sorry if that weirds people out.

That and yeah I have no problems admitting to it even in real life. I get a bit of stigma but I've always just thought other people were being pretty closed minded about the whole affair.
[+] 2 users Like Godless's post
28-03-2012, 08:52 PM
(28-03-2012 05:57 PM)Thomas Wrote:  The things people will admit to on forums Huh
The social stigma attached to sex or virginity is ridiculous.
Some theists deem virginity something to be cherished as a symbol of purity, some people deem virginity something to be kept secret as a shameful state.

Both types of people are annoying.
Sex is just sex, it does not make one less pure, nor does it make one more of a man or woman.

I can see how adolescents can get all excited about it and worry about being the only one not doing it. But that is just childish behaviour.

It is all too easy to point at others and judge.
Do we do this because it makes us feel better about ourselves?
or because we get enjoyment from belittling others?
or because we think we know better than others how they should live their lives?
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
28-03-2012, 09:05 PM
godless, sex isn't a big deal after you have done it awhile, BUT in your case being a virgin at 28 is odd. There has to be more to this then you are leading on. are you shy around girls? have you had the chance to have sex and turned it down? how far have you been with girls? you should probably see a shrink to see why your a virgin at 28. there could be some childhood trauma that is bothering you. When i said sex is no big deal now that im 40, its because i have been with about 100 women, and now its not that important to me. In your case you cant be sick of something you have never had.
28-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Being with a 100 women is quite odd, I'dd see a shrink about that. Maybe you have commitment issues, maybe lack self confidence, nt sure, but 100 is extremely excessive..

Two can play at that game.

Godless, if you are comfortable with yourself, you certainly don't need to see a shrink.
Sex is not compulsary, not having had it does not necessarily mean that there is something wrong with you.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
28-03-2012, 09:19 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2012 09:35 PM by satan69.)
I do have commitment issues. I dont need to see a shrink because i know that already. ...I am not putting godless down. I am just saying there has to be something there that he is still a virgin and is not religious. I can see if he was brainwashed to believe sex is a sin before marriage, but he is an atheist , so he should feel more free. Godless, how long have you been a atheist. Did you stay a virgin for 27 years because you weren't married and now your a new atheist. that would make more sense. I worked with a guy that was a 24 yo virgin but he wanted to wait until he was married. as brainwashed as he was, at least there was a explanation for it.

you might end up like this guy in 10 years if you get bitter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nKQFbrjsM8
28-03-2012, 11:01 PM
(24-03-2012 11:23 AM)Stardust Wrote:  I am not sure where to post this, so mods, move this thread if need be.

I am asexual, which means that I do not experience sexual attraction. For those who have not heard of this term before, you can do research if the orientation intrigues you, or if you simply want more information.

For quite some time, I was uncomfortable with atheism, not because of its definition, but because of its seeming implications. You know how religious people often portray atheists: "They reject God because they want to have all the sex they want!". I perused a different forum where members supported their deconversions from Christianity, and I found that some of them had been sexually repressed by the religion. They reacted to the repression by moving in the opposite direction, developing a sexual myopia of sorts. I do believe that religion, when embraced to an extreme, can cause one to be sexually repressed. However, after my deconversion, I had absolutely no interest in sex, or romance, for that matter.

I am not here to defend my orientation. I am making an observation about what atheism can appear to imply--that an atheist is a sexually active individual.

Thoughts?
An interesting and forthright post; I think my wife has been a mild sufferer for decades.

If it doesn't bother you then you are avoiding a hell of a lot of complications.

St Augustine had the opposite problem.....for quite a while anyhow. Wink
28-03-2012, 11:25 PM
(28-03-2012 11:01 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(24-03-2012 11:23 AM)Stardust Wrote:  I am not sure where to post this, so mods, move this thread if need be.

I am asexual, which means that I do not experience sexual attraction. For those who have not heard of this term before, you can do research if the orientation intrigues you, or if you simply want more information.

For quite some time, I was uncomfortable with atheism, not because of its definition, but because of its seeming implications. You know how religious people often portray atheists: "They reject God because they want to have all the sex they want!". I perused a different forum where members supported their deconversions from Christianity, and I found that some of them had been sexually repressed by the religion. They reacted to the repression by moving in the opposite direction, developing a sexual myopia of sorts. I do believe that religion, when embraced to an extreme, can cause one to be sexually repressed. However, after my deconversion, I had absolutely no interest in sex, or romance, for that matter.

I am not here to defend my orientation. I am making an observation about what atheism can appear to imply--that an atheist is a sexually active individual.

Thoughts?
An interesting and forthright post; I think my wife has been a mild sufferer for decades.

If it doesn't bother you then you are avoiding a hell of a lot of complications.

St Augustine had the opposite problem.....for quite a while anyhow. Wink
From what I know, most long term relationships (20 years +) suffer from a lack of sex Yes It would be hard to keep it 'fresh' after being with the same person for that long (that's okay if you both don't have a problem with that). You have to constantly make an effort and most find that hard as complacency seems to creep in over time.

Yep, you are avoiding a lot of complications as Mr Woof stated Smartass

As long as you're okay with it, it doesn't matter Thumbsup

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
29-03-2012, 12:38 AM
I'm reading the same message in some posts here that I got on the other forum from atheists, like satan69's post. The message goes: If you don't want to have sex, and especially if you are a virgin, then if you call yourself an atheist, something is wrong with you, because a real atheist is sexual.

God is a personification of who we are, what we wish to be, and that which we do not understand.
[+] 2 users Like Stardust's post