An Asexual Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
30-03-2012, 07:01 PM
RE: An Asexual Atheist
(29-03-2012 04:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 03:58 PM)Noelani Wrote:  Hi Godless, I agree with Satan69 that you should get your hormone levels checked out. While sexual drive can vary greatly from person to person, having absolutely no interest in sex can surely bring about negative consequences. It at least doesn't hurt to get it checked out and understand what possibilities there are for your low/non-existent drive. You mentioned therapy and that is another avenue I would pursue if I were you. Make sure you find a licensed sex therapist, if you can. Good luck and keep us posted, if you feel so inclined.
No harm in doing this, if you feel you want to. But it might work to substantiate in your mind that there is a psychological issue with you, especially if the doctor finds nothing wrong. It might simply be that you are asexual or that you just aren't ready yet, (which might be because you haven't found the right person).
There are more than just two options of what could be the issue here. It's not just hormones or metal brick walls. My hormones are fine as well as my mental status but I still deal with a lesser form of PGAD (persistent gentile arousal disorder). Thankfully I do not have the pain that some people experience with PGAD. Most people with PGAD are always stuck in that feeling you get right before climax, yet for them there is no release. Or if there is a release, the satisfaction is so short lived that it doesn't feel satisfying. For me I am constantly stuck in a state of advanced arousal. Now that I understand what is happening in my body I am not suffering from guilt so much anymore. I cannot stress that enough! All my life I have felt such guilt from being aroused all the time even though I wasn't thinking of anything sexual in nature. guilt from being turned on even during inappropriate times. It has stopped me from doing so much or even wearing certain clothes because I felt SO sexually exposed. I was also very conscious of what other people might be thinking, 'could they tell?'.The only way I can describe this is imagine a guy who walks around with a boner all. the. time. It's embarrassing as well as a big distraction. It's hard for me to pay attention sometimes with that going on all the time. It has also been an issue with relationships. I feel like a ticking time bomb. If too much time has passed since the last 'release' the yearnings for sex can become uncomfortable. I've also dealt with guilt in relationships because I don't want the other person feeling like I am just using them for sex. It's also caused problems if we have to spend the night apart, "Oh you want to stay out late with the guys? Well can you swing by around 10:30, you know it's been since last night!"
Being asexual and too sexual can cause problems and there are a lot of many different reasons for why someone may be experiencing one or the other. Everyone's body is wired differently. It also seems like OP is fine with where he is, to an extent. If his issue turns out to be hormones, what an easy solution. If it's not, in no way does he have to feel like his mental state is ruining his sex life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-03-2012, 07:57 PM
(30-03-2012 07:01 PM)Noelani Wrote:  
(29-03-2012 04:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  No harm in doing this, if you feel you want to. But it might work to substantiate in your mind that there is a psychological issue with you, especially if the doctor finds nothing wrong. It might simply be that you are asexual or that you just aren't ready yet, (which might be because you haven't found the right person).
There are more than just two options of what could be the issue here. It's not just hormones or metal brick walls. My hormones are fine as well as my mental status but I still deal with a lesser form of PGAD (persistent gentile arousal disorder). Thankfully I do not have the pain that some people experience with PGAD. Most people with PGAD are always stuck in that feeling you get right before climax, yet for them there is no release. Or if there is a release, the satisfaction is so short lived that it doesn't feel satisfying. For me I am constantly stuck in a state of advanced arousal. Now that I understand what is happening in my body I am not suffering from guilt so much anymore. I cannot stress that enough! All my life I have felt such guilt from being aroused all the time even though I wasn't thinking of anything sexual in nature. guilt from being turned on even during inappropriate times. It has stopped me from doing so much or even wearing certain clothes because I felt SO sexually exposed. I was also very conscious of what other people might be thinking, 'could they tell?'.The only way I can describe this is imagine a guy who walks around with a boner all. the. time. It's embarrassing as well as a big distraction. It's hard for me to pay attention sometimes with that going on all the time. It has also been an issue with relationships. I feel like a ticking time bomb. If too much time has passed since the last 'release' the yearnings for sex can become uncomfortable. I've also dealt with guilt in relationships because I don't want the other person feeling like I am just using them for sex. It's also caused problems if we have to spend the night apart, "Oh you want to stay out late with the guys? Well can you swing by around 10:30, you know it's been since last night!"
Being asexual and too sexual can cause problems and there are a lot of many different reasons for why someone may be experiencing one or the other. Everyone's body is wired differently. It also seems like OP is fine with where he is, to an extent. If his issue turns out to be hormones, what an easy solution. If it's not, in no way does he have to feel like his mental state is ruining his sex life.
I recently saw a documentary on this condition and I definitely feel for you!
I would like to ask you a question (if that's okay - don't answer if you feel it's too personal); once you've had sex, does it relieve any of the symptoms? And if it does, is it for very long? The documentary wasn't very clear on this.
Feel free to PM me on this, if you wish to answer at all (I am a woman too Smile )

This must be an extremely frustrating condition Sad

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
01-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Wow that's got to be frustrating. If you don't mind my asking what causes PGAD?
02-04-2012, 06:31 PM
(30-03-2012 07:57 PM)aurora2020 Wrote:  I recently saw a documentary on this condition and I definitely feel for you!
I would like to ask you a question (if that's okay - don't answer if you feel it's too personal); once you've had sex, does it relieve any of the symptoms? And if it does, is it for very long? The documentary wasn't very clear on this.
Feel free to PM me on this, if you wish to answer at all (I am a woman too Smile )

This must be an extremely frustrating condition Sad
The reason they were vague is probably because it is different for everyone. For some people it's extremely painful all the time to the point where they are suicidal. For me I don't have any serious pain like that, only some slight uncomfortablness the longer I wait. For me my symptoms aren't pain but just extreme desire to the point where it's very distracting, etc... Trying to get relief actually makes the drive stronger. I'm also never at just neutral. My 'baseline' is always rev'ed up. I don't know if I'm ever symptom free, but there are levels of low to high. For me the relief of symptoms is just going from high to (mostly) medium, sometimes low.
12-04-2012, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2012 10:18 AM by Daftheed.)
good, im not the only asexual in this god-cursed world.
im sorry but im atheist and asexual. i was brought up in an agnostic household. reading this thread, people from both sides of the fence seem to think that theres something wrong with this being the case. anyone care to explain?
19-04-2012, 08:47 AM
There was a House episode not long ago that the patient and his girlfriend were asexual. House cured him. That guy is awesome!
19-04-2012, 09:02 AM
I don't understand this.
How can you be asexual? It seems almost physically impossible.
Not trying to offend you, but I'm just curious.

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2012, 09:08 AM
(19-04-2012 09:02 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  I don't understand this.
How can you be asexual? It seems almost physically impossible.
Not trying to offend you, but I'm just curious.

Yeah, I don't really understand it either.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
19-04-2012, 09:13 AM
(19-04-2012 09:08 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Yeah, I don't really understand it either.

We all know that you're not asexual, because you're all up on me. Wink
Kidding. xo

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-04-2012, 09:20 AM
(19-04-2012 09:13 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  
(19-04-2012 09:08 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Yeah, I don't really understand it either.
We all know that you're not asexual, because you're all up on me. Wink
Kidding. xo
Well, you can be legally considered as hot in this country. Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post