An Asexual Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
19-04-2012, 09:27 AM
RE: An Asexual Atheist
(19-04-2012 09:20 AM)frankiej Wrote:  Well, you can be legally considered as hot in this country. Tongue

-giggle, blush-

"You don't disappoint me.... I think your much braver than you may believe."
bemore

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes legendoflink's post
19-04-2012, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 11:05 AM by kineo.)
(19-04-2012 09:02 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  I don't understand this.
How can you be asexual? It seems almost physically impossible.
Not trying to offend you, but I'm just curious.

Why does it seem physically impossible? It's a physical reality. Like others have pointed out, there could be a variety of causes involved. All of them either physical or mental (like hormones or history or whatever else).

I'm of the opinion that people should stop trying to think of sexuality as something that fits into a neat little classification. Everyone is wired different- some are attracted to the opposite sex, some the same sex, some both sexes, for some sex doesn't matter in the slightest, others aren't attracted to either sex... and then some people have a heavy sex drive, some have a low sex drive, some have none at all. All of these seem to occur in varying degrees for each person.

There's nothing "wrong" with being asexual. If there are physical health issues that can arise from not being a sexual person then it might be worth investigating to avoid life-impacting health problems. Maybe that doesn't even mean turning an asexual person into a sexual person to avoid health issues.

Personally, I don't care how much sex a person is or is not having or who they are or are not having it with so long as that person is living a happy and healthy life.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like kineo's post
19-04-2012, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2012 12:49 PM by GirlyMan.)

It's pretty easy to chemically castrate a man by pumping his sorry ass full of estrogen. Not sure if the same thing's possible with a woman. I guess maybe suppressing estrogen might work, but just guessing.

(19-04-2012 10:31 AM)kineo Wrote:  If there are physical health issues that can arise from not being a sexual person then it might be worth investigating to avoid life-impacting health problems.

There can be physical health issues associated with hormonal imbalances which might also be responsible for a lack of libido or sexual interest.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
19-04-2012, 07:15 PM
Being asexual is as natural as being hetero, homo, or bisexual. Nature is throwing out random mixtures of sexual preference and intensity of desire. Some are over sexed, some under.
So you can be homosexual, but a low sex drive or high sex drive. Same for hetero or bi.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
19-04-2012, 07:39 PM
(19-04-2012 07:15 PM)Thomas Wrote:  Being asexual is as natural as being hetero, homo, or bisexual. Nature is throwing out random mixtures of sexual preference and intensity of desire. Some are over sexed, some under.
So you can be homosexual, but a low sex drive or high sex drive. Same for hetero or bi.

Get your testosterone levels checked, Thomas.

20-04-2012, 08:34 AM
I can assure you it's possible. In my case while I may recognize a nice butt or a good body it doesn't connect with any deeper level of desire that causes me to stare.

It's kind of like realizing that candy may be good and taste good but it's just as tasty as a nice hot pizza and won't run the risk of tooth rot.

The problem for me is hitting me full force now when I'm really wishing to settle down and have kids. Explaining to a woman that you have never engaged in the practice is a HUGE turn off for a lot of them.
20-04-2012, 02:19 PM
(20-04-2012 08:34 AM)Godless Wrote:  Explaining to a woman that you have never engaged in the practice is a HUGE turn off for a lot of them.

You don't need to explain it to them, brother. They'll pick up on it on their own pretty quick. Trying to explain it to them might be a turn off, but if they figure it out on their own it might very well be a turn on. Good luck with your procreation ambitions. Thumbsup

20-04-2012, 04:11 PM
I hate it when people become atheists because their religion repressed them. Just because you are strongly against an idea doesn't automatically make your god not exist.
20-04-2012, 04:23 PM
(20-04-2012 04:11 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I hate it when people become atheists because their religion repressed them. Just because you are strongly against an idea doesn't automatically make your god not exist.

Since it probably doesn't exist anyway, it's kinda moot. Still, a person doesn't have to be a rational thinker to not believe in any gods.
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
20-04-2012, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 20-04-2012 04:33 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-04-2012 04:11 PM)Magoo Wrote:  I hate it when people become atheists because their religion repressed them. Just because you are strongly against an idea doesn't automatically make your god not exist.

Whoa there, Mr. Magoo, that ain't what happened to me. Parochial school enlightened me. I got no grudge with them. Taught me to be my own personal Jesus. I didn't reject it, I absorbed it properly.