An Atheist In A Christian High School

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2014, 01:34 PM
RE: An Atheist In A Christian High School
Congratulations and I hope it works out for you. Keep working on the social anxiety thing. BTW- I'll take the internet chocolate chip cookie. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2014, 03:55 PM
(29-08-2014 01:30 PM)Hash Green Wrote:  EDIT: I would like to thank everyone for the encouragement. One day, I felt brave enough and just went for it--well, after several hesitations. I found some reasons to transfer schools other than walking-out of faith, and told them to my parents. They thought my reasons were fair, so they gave their approval. I also started practicing socializing with actual people, trying to overcome this 'social anxiety.' (an awkwardness-inducing thing to do). But, I think I would've stayed in this hole if I had not posted a thread here, so, to everyone who've replied, thank you. I wish I could give you all something, but here, take this internet chocolate-chip cookie, or bottle of beer, wine(?), whatever you're in to. Big Grin

I think this post is thanks enough. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-08-2014, 08:09 PM
You need to contact the school principal by making an appointment. He then notifies the school board. This has to be done before you can enroll in public school. If under 18 you may need parental consent. The principal will let you know. There is no need to mention atheism, just that you feel you'd be a lot happier in the public system. Public school can't teach religion in some provinces, the schools have to remain secular. Good luck.
Find all posts by this user