An Atheist offers proof for the existence of God!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2015, 01:10 AM
An Atheist offers proof for the existence of God!
This proof is not referring to a perfect being but rather to the most perfect, i.e., least imperfect being available. Regardless of our definition of God, e.g., powerful, knowledgeable, benevolent, etc., there will always be at least one existing being who exceeds all of the available beings possessing these qualities. The winner of such a God contest might be a human, an alien or some kind of artificial device. The God winner might be a disappointment, but he/she/it is still entitled to the to the honor if he is number one by our criteria.

P.S. I'm excluding myself as a contestant.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Transfinite's post
10-03-2015, 01:54 AM
RE: An Atheist offers proof for the existence of God!
Hi Trans! It's good to hear from you I'm not sure if you are a theist or not. But it's pretty clear you are an idiot! Why do I say that? Well it's because I don't even know what you are talking about. Is this a question? A statement? Is there some point here? "there will always be at least one existing being who exceeds all of the available beings possessing these qualities." I hope you are drunk (as I am) If not you are babbling.
[+] 2 users Like Ameron1963's post
10-03-2015, 02:19 AM
(10-03-2015 01:10 AM)Transfinite Wrote:  This proof is not referring to a perfect being but rather to the most perfect, i.e., least imperfect being available. Regardless of our definition of God, e.g., powerful, knowledgeable, benevolent, etc., there will always be at least one existing being who exceeds all of the available beings possessing these qualities. The winner of such a God contest might be a human, an alien or some kind of artificial device. The God winner might be a disappointment, but he/she/it is still entitled to the to the honor if he is number one by our criteria.

Define perfect.

Now devise a way to objectively measure it.

Good luck.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 8 users Like EvolutionKills's post
10-03-2015, 02:44 AM
(10-03-2015 01:54 AM)Ameron1963 Wrote:  Hi Trans! It's good to hear from you I'm not sure if you are a theist or not. But it's pretty clear you are an idiot! Why do I say that? Well it's because I don't even know what you are talking about. Is this a question? A statement? Is there some point here? "there will always be at least one existing being who exceeds all of the available beings possessing these qualities." I hope you are drunk (as I am) If not you are babbling.

I don't know why but I fucking love this post xD

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
10-03-2015, 03:39 AM
(10-03-2015 01:10 AM)Transfinite Wrote:  This proof is not referring to a perfect being but rather to the most perfect, i.e., least imperfect being available. Regardless of our definition of God, e.g., powerful, knowledgeable, benevolent, etc., there will always be at least one existing being who exceeds all of the available beings possessing these qualities. The winner of such a God contest might be a human, an alien or some kind of artificial device. The God winner might be a disappointment, but he/she/it is still entitled to the to the honor if he is number one by our criteria.

Define "perfect", and then get everyone to agree on your definition, and then you'll be off to the aces. Until then, STFU. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-03-2015, 03:41 AM
I am god. Worship me slaves!

"A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything" - Friedrich Nietzsche
10-03-2015, 04:44 AM

What a load of crap. How about humans make up gods? How about humans do that because it is a mental reflection of their own egos and fears and a refusal of facing their finite existence?

I don't even like watered down deism. How about gods don't exist and are products of humans imagination?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2015, 08:32 AM
Sure it could work if you wanted to redefine several words and then arbitrarily set standards (to your own liking I am sure) for perfect.

sounds legit

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored- Aldous Huxley
10-03-2015, 08:39 AM
(10-03-2015 01:10 AM)Transfinite Wrote:  least imperfect being available.

[Image: gwyneth-paltrow.jpg]

Heart

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
10-03-2015, 08:45 AM

Why call that being "God"? The term "God" generally carries supernatural implications. I don't hear those in your description and, even if I did, you would still need a working definition for "God" to decide if that being fits.

By the way, if you're going to prove the existence of any god, you're not an atheist so your thread title makes no sense.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.