An Atheist who Found God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: An Atheist who Found God
(30-12-2016 06:51 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I've noticed that lately we've had slightly more theists stumbling in to preach at us. I've suspected for a while that someone is putting them up to it, perhaps challenging them to come here to witness to us.

O Universe, if I have even the teeniest, tiniest bit of Mad Goddess Skillz to call upon, I would be pleased indeed if reality gave the whole sorry lot of 'em a right thumping and knocked the John 3:16 right out of 'em.

I think it's more likely that the majority are socks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
30-12-2016, 06:57 PM
(30-12-2016 06:51 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I've noticed that lately we've had slightly more theists stumbling in to preach at us. I've suspected for a while that someone is putting them up to it, perhaps challenging them to come here to witness to us.

O Universe, if I have even the teeniest, tiniest bit of Mad Goddess Skillz to call upon, I would be pleased indeed if reality gave the whole sorry lot of 'em a right thumping and knocked the John 3:16 right out of 'em.

I'm seeing this elsewhere, as well. We'll see if there is a correlation somewhere, at some point, maybe.
30-12-2016, 06:59 PM
(30-12-2016 06:53 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  

I think it's more likely that the majority are socks.

One way to detect a possible sock is when a thread is necro'd by a theist, I seem to recall. Consider
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
30-12-2016, 07:04 PM
I blame the meteoric rise in social media in general. They muck about in facebook and get bored, and look for some fresh carpet to shit on.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
30-12-2016, 07:05 PM
(30-12-2016 03:14 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 02:54 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Assuming it's not a BS-story...

I wouldn't say "deliberately arrogant", no.

But arrogant, nevertheless.

The entire idea is based on a premise that is by its nature arrogance at its pinnacle.

I find the username sanctimonious in the extreme.

This is a theist drive by.

I also think that other newbie, Charlie, is a theist in disguise. Wouldn't trust that poster for a second.
you do have some well honed skills there. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
30-12-2016, 07:08 PM

That's kind of a big assumption, don't you think?
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
30-12-2016, 07:25 PM
(30-12-2016 07:08 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

That's kind of a big assumption, don't you think?

I try to give the benefit of the doubt, where I can.

Where I can.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
30-12-2016, 07:54 PM
(30-12-2016 08:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Buncha big meanie poopyheads! She probably ain't never coming back everz. Sadcryface

Neither is fucking jesus.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 4 users Like Minimalist's post
30-12-2016, 09:04 PM
(30-12-2016 03:33 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  
(30-12-2016 02:23 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  You know, I keep thinking about this scenario, and it's honestly starting to make me angry. (LOOK OUT! ANGRY ATHEIST!!)

The notion that God wants to take the time to appear to one particular soul, that it might be saved from his wrath, so that one person can be especially empowered to witness for the religion...

It's the pinnacle of arrogance!

You're saying that your own soul (and empowerment to KNOW God is real during your lifetime) is worth God's time and effort more than tens of thousands of suffering and dying human beings, most of whom are little children.

Fuck you. Fuck your stupid, delusional arrogance that you would conceive of God in this way.

Exactly! What ever happened to faith being rewarded? Don't you have to accept God first just blindly without any evidence and then he shows himself but in little ways here and there? I mean it's rare when it's a full blown vision experience. Also they were such an angry hateful atheist before, now they know the true love of God and it's so great you guys!

If God couldn't find a good way to convince you he was real before by studying the Bible and investigating the religion, why did he resort to a vision experience? He knows you were a very logical and analytical person who loved to study so why not get to your heart that way? Can't be done, because it's just not logical so why not go the old divine vision route!

Would you be ok with someone you have good reasons to hate tricking your mind and "heart" to love them by influencing your senses to such a degree that it destroys your logic and reasoning? Giving you no choice? Overwhelming your senses with pure love light. Now your brain says this person is perfect, so good, so amazing, is that your own thoughts saying that or your new altered brain saying that?

It would be one thing to truly "find" God and to have come to that conclusion over years of study and witnessing many miracles and supernatural events but no, all it took was one profound vision, that God just granted for no real reason, out of nowhere...uhhh yeah pretty sure he just mind jacked you to appease his ego and you didn't find him, he just showed up uninvited, how rude.
OMG the ops god is like the purple man. Someone call Jessica Jones.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
[+] 1 user Likes hungry81's post
30-12-2016, 09:23 PM
(30-12-2016 06:57 PM)Fireball Wrote:  

I'm seeing this elsewhere, as well. We'll see if there is a correlation somewhere, at some point, maybe.

Happens every year around this time. I think they get points in Sunday School or something like that. Happens again around Easter. It's always fun.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post