An Atheist who Found God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2017, 04:06 PM
RE: An Atheist who Found God
(06-01-2017 04:04 PM)PeacefulHeart Wrote:  I've decided I'm leaving. I don't feel welcomed here. I've feel I’ve been mocked, belittled, and derided. I shouldn’t have responded to these comments or to the invasions of my privacy and personal health as I did. I don't feel this is an atmosphere of civil, friendly debate or discussion. I'm a human being and I don't deserve to be treated this way. Thank you to the few of you who showed me some kindness. Blessings to you all.

Ciao.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
06-01-2017, 04:14 PM
(06-01-2017 04:04 PM)PeacefulHeart Wrote:  I've decided I'm leaving. I don't feel welcomed here. I've feel I’ve been mocked, belittled, and derided. I shouldn’t have responded to these comments or to the invasions of my privacy and personal health as I did. I don't feel this is an atmosphere of civil, friendly debate or discussion. I'm a human being and I don't deserve to be treated this way. Thank you to the few of you who showed me some kindness. Blessings to you all.

Want some cheese with that whine?

You say you're human being. So what? Respect is earned, not given and your shitty story does not warrant respect. Gullibility and arrogance (assuming you aren't lying for Jesus) deserve mockery.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
06-01-2017, 04:31 PM

I told you the road would be rocky, frankly what the hell did you expect ? start spouting shit and people will retaliate. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.
Drinking Beverage
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
06-01-2017, 05:51 PM

I didn't have a chance to go through...
I didn't want to go through all 29 pages to see if this was your first reply in this thread. This place is precisely an atmosphere of discussion & friendly debate, but you must remember, your god needed for you to be mocked, belittled, and derided. Your god wanted you to be treated this way. It's all part of his plan.

To quote you from your first post.
PeacefulHeart ' Wrote:  "I knew there is nothing bad about God and that He is pure and does everything for an ultimate good."
The mockery you received was PURE mockery. Nothing bad about that.

Now that you've found god, you'll find out that his plan for your life will include lots & lots of bullshit. Don't worry, it's all for the ultimate good.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 7 users Like Rahn127's post
06-01-2017, 06:07 PM
(04-01-2017 07:20 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 06:00 PM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  If it went against logic and rationale you wouldn't actively believe in it, you'd merely feel something, but you wouldn't go to the extent of actually describing your experiences as being a part of this or that ideology.

You're a people person, it seems to me. That's a very winning strategy, granted, but at the same time you can't have both the people's hearts and the integrity of your beliefs. Something has to give. I think you're sacrificing the truth (your truth), and failing to examine your own beliefs in the process of doing this.

Why do people keep missing what I'm saying about faith? I don't think I can be any clearer.

And I'm not a people person. I'm a genuine asshole. It just so happens I tell the truth, and I don't make excuses. For some reason people seem to like that.

Sorry if I'm missing stuff. This thread is pretty long and I'm new here.

OK. I got you. I think I'm of the opinion that even that attitude may be geared towards winning people over since in some circles bluntness and straightforwardness are appreciated and rewarded. I don't think you can easily separate one's social behavior from its intended consequences. In other words, we are all modeled by our perceptions of our peers' perceptions of us, insofar as we are rational agents acting out in a world of complex interactions.
06-01-2017, 06:27 PM
(06-01-2017 05:51 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I didn't have a chance to go through...
I didn't want to go through all 29 pages to see if this was your first reply in this thread. This place is precisely an atmosphere of discussion & friendly debate, but you must remember, your god needed for you to be mocked, belittled, and derided. Your god wanted you to be treated this way. It's all part of his plan.

To quote you from your first post.
PeacefulHeart ' Wrote:  "I knew there is nothing bad about God and that He is pure and does everything for an ultimate good."
The mockery you received was PURE mockery. Nothing bad about that.

Now that you've found god, you'll find out that his plan for your life will include lots & lots of bullshit. Don't worry, it's all for the ultimate good.
I did a quick search and she replied a couple of times early on. Those replies indicated to me that she was naive about what to expect here and was overwhelmed by the volume of replies, much less their tone. I think it was just more than she bargained for. Lesson learned; she'll post in theist echo chambers from now on I think, and tell war stories of how she was savaged by evil mean nasty atheists. This is what most believers want, easy agreement and validation just for thinking lovely, pure thoughts, however random.
[+] 5 users Like mordant's post
06-01-2017, 06:59 PM

But wait, I asked questions I still want answers to. I wanted to have a debate or a discussion on this God vision you had. It would've been friendly but to the point, I mean I'm not going to be that nice but I'm civil.

I really hope you read this because I'm just sitting here thinking you're lying, you were never an atheist or maybe you were but you never had a powerful God vision but you wanted us to think you did so we may investigate God visions and become convinced that this God is real. You were trying to save us perhaps? Well that's noble I guess but it makes you a liar. Why should we believe anything a liar says? Oh you're telling the truth perhaps? Well I guess we'll never know since you ran off.

As an atheist I've been called all kinds of names, belittled, derided and questioned on and on and I stood up tall and I answered the questions, I deflected the insults and I made my point very clear. I'll debate someone forever if I have to because I am very strong in my beliefs and I have yet to find a question I couldn't answer. Not a single one.

If you find you can't answer a question, you better look real deep into your heart and soul and mind and figure out why that is because if you can't even handle just the tiniest bit of outside scrutiny than your beliefs are weak and weak beliefs shouldn't be posted up online for everyone to look at and question. You should've just kept it to yourself in that case.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like SitaSky's post
06-01-2017, 07:05 PM

Okay. Goodbye.
06-01-2017, 07:18 PM
Quote:Blessings to you all.

Vomit
[+] 3 users Like I'mFred's post
06-01-2017, 07:32 PM