An Atheist who Found God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2017, 04:35 PM
RE: An Atheist who Found God
(09-01-2017 01:55 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(29-12-2016 05:44 PM)PeacefulHeart Wrote:  I don’t know how to respond to this since I feel I’m being mocked.
I wasn't mocking you.
I quoted, word for word your own story, and asked how you considered that you were applying critical thinking to that story.

You said you were a critical thinker, so I thought the question was apt and respectful.

Anyway, good luck for your future, may your journey with god be a successful and happy one. And if you go back to atheist then may that also be successful and happy. Happy either way.
Good luck.

I was, I soooo definitely was, a mega big mock with a capital M, an uber hyper mock with brass fixings attached. Nooooo regrets ... Yeah Big Grin Tongue ...actually we gave her a reality check that's all but to the uber religious anything that is remotely critical is considered mocking, because they're special and different don'tcha know. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
09-01-2017, 04:46 PM
RE: An Atheist who Found God
(09-01-2017 04:35 PM)adey67 Wrote:  I was, I soooo definitely was, a mega big mock with a capital M, an uber hyper mock with brass fixings attached. Nooooo regrets ... Yeah Big Grin Tongue ...actually we gave her a reality check that's all but to the uber religious anything that is remotely critical is considered mocking, because they're special and different don'tcha know. Big Grin
OK, well, whatever rocks your boat.

I have no interest in taking jabs at strangers on the internet.
People can believe whatever they want, it has no impact on me.

I wasn't even being critical, I'd just asked a (seemingly innocent) question. Oh, well.

They had said they were a critical thinker but also provided a story about a religious experience. I've never had one myself, but from an outsider's perspective it wasn't evident whether this person had applied critical thinking as retrospective to this personal experience, I was just wondering if they had and if so, how they went about critically analysing the experience.

How they knew it was god rather than their own imagination or the devil even?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post