An Athiest/Buddhist says Hi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2010, 07:30 PM

RE: An Athiest/Buddhist says Hi
(29-11-2010 06:49 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  Hey GassyKitten (and sorry, The Doc, for the derail!), you might like this one for your sig:

[Image: 6752831v1_480x480_Front.jpg]

I'm not a gamer, so I don't know what "half-damage" means. But I tried to find out and found this instead.You might like it. Big Grin (Cute)
Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2010, 07:49 PM
(29-11-2010 07:30 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  I'm not a gamer, so I don't know what "half-damage" means.

In Dungeons & Dragons, players can make "saving throws" - a.k.a. "saves" - against certain effects to attempt to avoid their effects. For example, when targeted with a fireball spell, you can make a Reflex save to try to avoid damage. The most common effect of succeeding on a save is to take only half the damage you normally would.

Quote:But I tried to find out and found this instead.You might like it. Big Grin (Cute)

Yeah, I read that a while back. Pretty funny stuff.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-11-2010, 08:07 PM
Well... that link totally pwned what I brought to the table.

p.s. Clerics, based as far back as even Fantasy Empires, are the class choice of failed gamers.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
29-11-2010, 08:36 PM
(29-11-2010 08:07 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  p.s. Clerics, based as far back as even Fantasy Empires, are the class choice of failed gamers.

Or power gamers. Creeping doom... *shudders*

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
29-11-2010, 08:51 PM
I thought that was a druid power. I think all clerics had was earthquake. Which was worthless if you just spam Meteor Swarm and Death Spell. Magic-users ftw.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
30-11-2010, 10:51 AM
(29-11-2010 08:51 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I thought that was a druid power.

In v3.X, yes, it was. In AD&D 2e, though, clerics basically fused with druids. They received creeping doom, flame blade, call lightning, fire seeds, and fire storm. Clerics were the most powerful class in that edition.

EDIT: And they're still ridiculously powerful in v3.X, even though they no longer have access to creeping doom. For more information, you can see this blog.

30-11-2010, 12:27 PM

(29-11-2010 07:49 PM)Unbeliever Wrote:  
(29-11-2010 07:30 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  I'm not a gamer, so I don't know what "half-damage" means.

In Dungeons & Dragons, players can make "saving throws"...
Thank you for the explanation. I got it now. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply