An Emotional Disconnection

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2012, 08:46 PM
My life has been in an emotional spin lately.
If you were to look at my life, live around me and listen to all of my thoughts, you would see that things are falling apart.
My marriage is falling apart. I'm finding companionship in a close female friend. My feelings toward God have shifted to become something bitter and disconnected.

I'm going to the bars to drink myself into artificial happiness and emotional bliss.
I'm even in tears writing this pathetic Thread.

I want my whole life erased. I want to just hide in a hole and cover myself up away from everyone outside.

I don't know where I'm going to go from here. I don't even know why I feel this way..

The song I'm listening to seems parallel -

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Sorry to hear things are so unimaginably awful, man. I can appreciate the pain you must be feeling right now. Thank you so much for letting us know what's going on so we can support you as we can from the interwebs. You sound like you could quickly slip into a pretty dangerous place. Do you have someone (besides the "close female" friend) that you can talk stuff out with and vent some emotion? If not, do you think you could see yourself meeting with a therapist? It feels from the tone if your post that you could use some solid support right now.
Hang in there, friend. This world gets pretty goddamn awful at times, but there's almost always a way to get through the shit and back into a better place.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
07-11-2012, 08:58 PM
RE: An Emotional Disconnection
(07-11-2012 08:46 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  My life has been in an emotional spin lately.
If you were to look at my life, live around me and listen to all of my thoughts, you would see that things are falling apart.
My marriage is falling apart. I'm finding companionship in a close female friend. My feelings toward God have shifted to become something bitter and disconnected.

I'm going to the bars to drink myself into artificial happiness and emotional bliss.
I'm even in tears writing this pathetic Thread.

I want my whole life erased. I want to just hide in a hole and cover myself up away from everyone outside.

I don't know where I'm going to go from here. I don't even know why I feel this way..

The song I'm listening to seems parallel -

Go see your doctor.

Keep talking to your friends.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
07-11-2012, 09:03 PM
(07-11-2012 08:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sorry to hear things are so unimaginably awful, man. I can appreciate the pain you must be feeling right now. Thank you so much for letting us know what's going on so we can support you as we can from the interwebs. You sound like you could quickly slip into a pretty dangerous place. Do you have someone (besides the "close female" friend) that you can talk stuff out with and vent some emotion? If not, do you think you could see yourself meeting with a therapist? It feels from the tone if your post that you could use some solid support right now.
Hang in there, friend. This world gets pretty goddamn awful at times, but there's almost always a way to get through the shit and back into a better place.
I think I really need someone or something to vent out to..
I feel that it may be problematic since I don't know anyone that good except that girl.
The situation with that girl and I are just awkward though. I have a wife, and she got a boyfriend shortly after I was starting to really like her.
I am her ride to work and home every day right now, and some days we'll talk for over 10 hours and not get any sleep for work.
It seems that she would be that venue for venting.. I don't really know why it doesn't help Sad
It's weird that one thing I really like about this girl is that she's religiously neutral. And what I mean is that she doesn't have any stance this way or that way. So it's easy to talk about EVERYTHING with her, and she loves to talk about deep things and non-deep things as well.
(aside from that, she's getting me drunk on a pretty consistent basis..)

As far as a Therapist, I'm a little nervous about that. That and I don't really have the funds.

“What you believe to be true will control you, whether it’s true or not.”

—Jeremy LaBorde
07-11-2012, 09:11 PM
(07-11-2012 09:03 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 08:53 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Sorry to hear things are so unimaginably awful, man. I can appreciate the pain you must be feeling right now. Thank you so much for letting us know what's going on so we can support you as we can from the interwebs. You sound like you could quickly slip into a pretty dangerous place. Do you have someone (besides the "close female" friend) that you can talk stuff out with and vent some emotion? If not, do you think you could see yourself meeting with a therapist? It feels from the tone if your post that you could use some solid support right now.
I feel that it may be problematic since I don't know anyone that good except that girl.
The situation with that girl and I are just awkward though. I have a wife, and she got a boyfriend shortly after I was starting to really like her.
I am her ride to work and home every day right now, and some days we'll talk for over 10 hours and not get any sleep for work.
It seems that she would be that venue for venting.. I don't really know why it doesn't help Sad
It's weird that one thing I really like about this girl is that she's religiously neutral. And what I mean is that she doesn't have any stance this way or that way. So it's easy to talk about EVERYTHING with her, and she loves to talk about deep things and non-deep things as well.

As far as a Therapist, I'm a little nervous about that. That and I don't really have the funds.
Shit man, give me a call on Skype if ya need it.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
07-11-2012, 09:21 PM
(07-11-2012 09:03 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  

Venting to her won't help because she's a huge part of the emotional whirlwind that your spinning away in right now. The reason a therapist is good to talk to is not because s/he can fix you, but there's something about talking to a person without bias who will call you on your bullshit that let's you get to the bottom of what's going on with all the confusing an overwhelming emotions your suffering with right now.

Not saying at all that you should, but if you're employed with a medical plan, you probably have about 6 sessions a year covered. If not, if you live by a college, their psych department runs a (usually) free clinic for master's students in training. Whether or not you could benefit from long term therapy, I definitely think you could benefit from having a third party you can talk completely openly and confidentially.

Now go talk to Steven on Skype!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
07-11-2012, 11:08 PM
(07-11-2012 09:21 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(07-11-2012 09:03 PM)ideasonscribe Wrote:  I think I really need someone or something to vent out to..

Venting to her won't help because she's a huge part of the emotional whirlwind that your spinning away in right now. The reason a therapist is good to talk to is not because s/he can fix you, but there's something about talking to a person without bias who will call you on your bullshit that let's you get to the bottom of what's going on with all the confusing an overwhelming emotions your suffering with right now.

Not saying at all that you should, but if you're employed with a medical plan, you probably have about 6 sessions a year covered. If not, if you live by a college, their psych department runs a (usually) free clinic for master's students in training. Whether or not you could benefit from long term therapy, I definitely think you could benefit from having a third party you can talk completely openly and confidentially.

Now go talk to Steven on Skype!

Yeah if you are trying to salvage your marriage, be careful of making emotional ties with another person.

I'm also available on skype if you want to talk. You have me on there (although you didn't remember me last time since we've only talked like 3 times) so if you want a neutral party view on things, or just a neutral party to vent, I'm more than happy to be a vent for ya man. I've already been through a divorce, I can tell you it is no fun. But life is life, things are what they are. But I think it's important to weigh situations and realize what you want, what you don't want, figure out where you want and need to be and go from there.

It can be very easy to fall into situations you regret, or do things you regret, or not do things you later regret.

Are you talking to this other person because they're neutral and you're having a tough time belief wise and your wife is religious or something?
08-11-2012, 05:14 AM
It's obvious what's going on here. Vixen. Dodgy

You need to hang out with some dudes, pound some suds, watch some football. Emotionally stunted, inane BroMan talk should slow the venting of your emotional atmosphere and allow you to asses the hole in your hull. Then you can slap a patch on it and return to the stars. Thumbsup

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
08-11-2012, 07:00 AM
You are simply grieving.

You have lost something that was important enough to occupy much of your life, god, and your husband to boot.

That is grief, plain and simple, and perfectly natural. Google the phases of grief and just be aware that they are not going to happen in any specific sequence.

You'll be ok, this is a physical condition and you are not going nuts.

Just start taking care of yourself and looking for ways to fill the gaps that have been torn in your life. You have some gaping holes to fill. Don't fill them with liquor. It makes the experience worse when not intoxicated and harder to climb out of.

Start watching yourself and noting exactly which events trigger your unhappiness. Then you will start to understand and be able to eliminate triggers...

Don't be a punching ball for hormonally triggered emotions, take control, you can do it!

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-11-2012, 07:09 AM
Wanna chat? PM me.
Expectation setting: I'm shit at empathy but I'm a decent "problem-solver"

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post