An European perspective

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2012, 11:00 AM
RE: An European perspective
(06-12-2012 08:25 PM)European Atheist Wrote:  Even with all this promotion of religion done by the goverment I've met only TWO people in my life who have openly declared to believe in God and the other one wasn't even born in Finland. Religion is not discussed in public and there is no debate between differend christian believes and atheist. In fact in my day to day life I don't see religion anywhere.
Same situation for me in Germany. Yes

Welcome to TTA.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 11:35 AM
When I hear stories like these, and think on my own experiences, I wonder how understated the non-religious population of Earth is. Sure, most Canadians call themselves Christian, but every one I knew in school never went to church except for funerals, baptisms, or weddings. And they never mentioned God, and lived as though the Bible didn't exist. They went through the motions because their parents were nominally Christian, but I don't think they ever believed or practiced.

I know the situation is different in other parts of the country, but I think that there are far more atheists than the census can reveal because most of them don't realize that they are atheists (in the inclusive non-believing sense).

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
07-12-2012, 05:09 PM
(07-12-2012 04:44 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 04:38 AM)nach_in Wrote:  well, now we're talking... nice legs. The face is not my cup of tea though, too tanned Sad
Not tanned, he's just a darker-skinned man, you racist! Censored

And that was a low blow, Cow King, while I'm still trying to recover from him not winning a medal at the Olympics Weeping
He looks tanned... meh, some types of skins I can't recognise. Anyway, to each his/her own.

btw, he didn't win a medal, but he must've won some hearts Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
07-12-2012, 05:14 PM
(07-12-2012 05:09 PM)nach_in Wrote:  He looks tanned... meh, some types of skins I can't recognise. Anyway, to each his/her own.

Heart
From the moment I first saw him, a long, long time ago (and possibly the last time I saw him win Weeping )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
07-12-2012, 05:29 PM
(07-12-2012 05:14 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 05:09 PM)nach_in Wrote:  He looks tanned... meh, some types of skins I can't recognise. Anyway, to each his/her own.

Heart
From the moment I first saw him, a long, long time ago (and possibly the last time I saw him win Weeping )
I wonder if his skills with the javelin applies to other... things Consider

07-12-2012, 05:33 PM
(07-12-2012 05:29 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I wonder if his skills with the javelin applies to other... things Consider
If I may quote a Russian author (actually two authors, who wrote together) - do not touch the crystal dream of my childhood with your dirty fingers!

In other words - do not insinuate such filthy things about my lovely Tero Sleepy

07-12-2012, 05:34 PM
(07-12-2012 05:29 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 05:14 PM)Vera Wrote:  Heart
I wonder if his skills with the javelin applies to other... things Consider

Kinda depends on the javelin. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 06:58 PM
(07-12-2012 05:33 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(07-12-2012 05:29 PM)nach_in Wrote:  I wonder if his skills with the javelin applies to other... things Consider
If I may quote a Russian author (actually two authors, who wrote together) - do not touch the crystal dream of my childhood with your dirty fingers!

In other words - do not insinuate such filthy things about my lovely Tero Sleepy
Evil_monster

07-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Lovely Tero, Vera?

I repeat:

Looks like his stuck up his own javelin.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-12-2012, 03:02 AM
(07-12-2012 07:00 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Lovely Tero, Vera?

I repeat:

Looks like his stuck up his own javelin.
Shows how much (or little) you know Drinking Beverage