An Excersize In Restraint.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2012, 04:51 PM
An Excersize In Restraint.
Oh man.

Yesterday I popped into one of the local music shops due to proximity and was hit in the side of the head with awesome sauce.

There it was hanging right before my eyes. No one was touching it, because it wasn't there for them. It was there for me.
Me and that guitar are meant to be. My wallet disagrees, but my wallet always was an asshole.

It's a beauty. Ever since I heard about it last year I've been dreaming about it. Don't get me wrong I love my guitars, I do. But when it comes to guitars I'm into polygamy for sure. It's sexy lines and big F hole calling to me. So I hadn't yet held the beast and that can be a make or break in the world of musical instruments. It makes a world of difference when it's in your hands.

My palms were getting sweaty as my heart struggled to pump blood to the rest of my body. There was only one place that wasn't having any issues getting blood right then...

I picked it up off the top hanger and immediately felt a sigh of relief pass by my lips. It was light and the neck wasn't too glossy.
The finish was perfect and the knobs were passable with replacements looming on the horizon. (Not a fan of amp knobs I like the SS round ones) But it was essentially made for me. I couldn't plug it in, but that was ok because I already know how it sounds. Like heaven.

I walk away using all of my strength to do so without the guitar. I know I can't really afford it. Even though it is very well priced. I'm cheap and poor. Bad combo. But then my wife turns to me and says, "Get it honey, you deserve it." I almost murdered her right then. Why? because now I had no one to lay the blame on that would help me sleep at night. I was the one walking away. Me. Even my wife thought I should get it.

I didn't really want to murder her by the way. I love her tons. Everyone else in the store though...

This is her.

[Image: telecaster-thinline-deluxe-black-transparent-530-85.jpg]

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
16-04-2012, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 16-04-2012 11:31 PM by Erxomai.)
RE: An Excersize In Restraint.
You said F-hole.

You didn't realize at the time, but the security cameras caught you on tape:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
17-04-2012, 09:47 AM
That's how I feel haha. Except Wayne played a lot better than me. And he had a bad ass metal mullet. I can't pull that off.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
17-04-2012, 10:04 AM
(17-04-2012 09:47 AM)lucradis Wrote:  That's how I feel haha. Except Wayne played a lot better than me. And he had a bad ass metal mullet. I can't pull that off.
I thought all Canucks had mullets. Huh

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
17-04-2012, 10:07 AM
Phwoa! Nice. I use a telecaster myself, but nothing that impressive.

I'd make love to that guitar.

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
17-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Mullets are back in fashion but I didn't partake the first time damned if I'll do it this time.

Telecasters are strange. I hated them at first due to design. Purely aesthetics. I hated the body style and the headstock etc...

But somehow they've grown on me and I prefer the telecaster body and headstock style above all others. There is always room for others though.

I misty play my blacktop tele right now but occasionally I pull out the old strat. Though I sanded it down and it sounds like shit now. Oops.
I have a long list of guitars I want but there is a short list and the new modern player deluxe thinking is right up at the top.
Next up is a reverend flatroc in orange. It sounds killer.

17-04-2012, 10:21 AM
I've never been much of a Tele fan, but I appreciate a good guitar and that's a beauty.
How will this story end? Will you be going back?

17-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Someday.

Someday.

Right now I've got things I need to take care of that are far more important. Sigh.

I never would have typed that sentence four years ago.

17-04-2012, 11:11 AM
I hear ya, bro. I really, really do.

18-04-2012, 09:44 PM
Wow... Fender Tele Thinline Deluxe! What's the asking price- around 450? Not quite metal enough for my tastes but, she is a dream.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post