Poll: Read the OP First
Biased
Scientist
[Show Results]

An Experiment: Requires A Friend To Help!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-07-2013, 10:37 AM
RE: An Experiment: Requires A Friend To Help!
(11-07-2013 09:18 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Oh duh, apparently my brain wasn't working very well yesterday. I was thinking the person was guessing the rule every time (so "yes" would mean the rule was guessed). I see now they are submitting 3 more numbers where "yes" means the numbers follow the rule. I have no clue why I missed that yesterday since you wrote it quite clearly (but I'll blame it on old age creeping up Big Grin ).

I wouldn't kick yourself over it -- it's only "clear" in retrospect. I'm well-aware that I used the same phrases frequently (how many times do you see the word "yes" or "rule"?), but it's difficult to explain without being repetitive.

For a much clearer description of both this experiment and the one I describe in the video, you could find them in the same places that I did -- the books Incognito by David Eagleman and The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt. I'm on my third time through Incognito -- it's a fascinating look into how the unconscious mind makes the majority of our decisions, and our conscious mind pretty much watches from the sidelines and steals the credit.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply