An Interview with god...Neil DeGrasse Tyson!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-09-2015, 10:41 AM
Smile An Interview with god...Neil DeGrasse Tyson!!
I love NDT's Star Talk Radio Podcast and this past weekend he uploaded A Conversation with God: Extended Classic. I don't know if "classic" means this is an old interview that is being replayed but regardless this was my first time hearing it.

I swear to Darwin that I had to pull over on the side of the road because I was laughing so hard. The interviewee is the guy who tweets @thetweetofgod. I have been following that account for some time now and absolutely love the tweets that god sends out. But now, here is an hour long interview with god himself and Neil DeGrasse Tyson. It is epic. You can hear Neil or someone laughing in the background at every question. Listen and enjoy!! Big Grin

Extended Classic: A Conversation with god

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Tonechaser77's post
02-09-2015, 11:24 AM
RE: An Interview with god...Neil DeGrasse Tyson!!
Yeah the "classic" is that it was from some time in the past. I think it was a year and a half ago but I remember that one standing out well because of how uniquely amusing it was.

His podcast really got me into listening to podcasts beyond just atheistic oriented youtube vidias.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
02-09-2015, 11:44 AM
Thanks for posting TC Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
02-09-2015, 01:35 PM
I laughed so hard too.

"The reason bad things happen to good people is to balance out the good things that happen to bad people". Was my FAVOURITE. I was LOLing for real.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
02-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Hilarious!!! Thanks for posting Smile

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
02-09-2015, 03:07 PM
(02-09-2015 01:35 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I laughed so hard too.

"The reason bad things happen to good people is to balance out the good things that happen to bad people". Was my FAVOURITE. I was LOLing for real.

I'm sure it's edited but from the listener's POV I love the way it seems like his answers are just so "matter of fact" and also that he has a response for EVERYTHING "KNEEL" asks. (haha did you see what I did there? Kneel / Neil? bahahaha...ok, sorry.) His responses are so off the cuff but they truly makes sense looking at it from the biblical perspective!

What a great narrative! Smile I'm glad people are enjoying!

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
02-09-2015, 03:27 PM
I'm not going to spend an hour listening to that. Can anybody post a link to a transcript?

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 1 user Likes daniel1948's post
02-09-2015, 09:09 PM
(02-09-2015 03:27 PM)daniel1948 Wrote:  I'm not going to spend an hour listening to that. Can anybody post a link to a transcript?

Yes, I'd like to just read it, as well. My readspeed is way above the comma pauses rate. That and slow claps reduce the rate at which I can absorb information.
02-09-2015, 11:59 PM
A lot of the humour was in the delivery Smile
03-09-2015, 12:20 AM
I think it's worth an hour of your time. I enjoyed it. Some of it fell flat, but some of it was pretty slick.

The sad part was, while I'm pretty sure most of what "God" said would be either terribly blasphemous to some and shockingly funny to others, I'm such old hat at making religion-and-science jokes that most of the material is stuff I've laughed about with my field team partner on long trips for the KDHE.

I kept wishing they'd say something that surprised me. Still, it was pretty funny stuff, and of course Dr.Tyson was his usual charming self, acting as the "straight man" of the comedy team.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson