An Intro update ... ?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2017, 01:30 PM
An Intro update ... ?
Pretty basic suggestion but I think it might help to give people a heads up ... especially with the population spurt we've been experiencing lately.

We have a safety zone which everyone generally respects and it works fairly well. The purple background is a subtle reminder to most to at least try to keep focused on the OP with a positive attitude.

Would it be unheard of to install a similar background to the introduction section? Yes, most already do keep the welcomes fairly warm. However, a subtle reminder might even help the incoming to know right off the bat, that community decorum is the responsibility of the individual.

To identify the Introduction as a special section and retaining the visually comfortable, purple color scheme, I propose ...
a tartan background. Smile
[Image: tartan%20purple_zpshgwckluz.jpeg]
I considered a black/white scheme but it was a bit eye gouging.
This one is fairly tame but not dull or mundane - and it keeps with the purple of the Personal Issues section.
A majority of it wouldn't actually show, of course, but there would be a background of visual variety. Shy
If everyone is content to make it through a thread full it just to say Hello, I think it could set a positive mood for interaction on the forum at large.

Or does it really just offend the shit out of everyone? Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
22-03-2017, 02:31 PM
RE: An Intro update ... ?
(22-03-2017 01:30 PM)kim Wrote:  If everyone is content to make it through a thread full it just to say Hello, I think it could set a positive mood for interaction on the forum at large.

Something bold is a good reminder.
22-03-2017, 02:36 PM
I like the idea and not opposed to it, but if I recall mobile view doesn't show the colors....

I'm not sure about tapatalk.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-03-2017, 02:51 PM
(22-03-2017 02:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I like the idea and not opposed to it, but if I recall mobile view doesn't show the colors....

I'm not sure about tapatalk.

Would it screw things up for the mobile view? I don't think the xmas view ever did anything to anyone's tapatalk. Easy to find out - but I don't do mobile view on my tablet or phone.

My only concern would be that it wouldn't be compatible and interfere with posting. But now that I think about it, I don't see that happening. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
22-03-2017, 02:54 PM
Ha - I just switched to xmas board and it's making me smile. Big Grin

22-03-2017, 04:47 PM
(22-03-2017 01:30 PM)kim Wrote:  Pretty basic suggestion but I think it might help to give people a heads up ... especially with the population spurt we've been experiencing lately.

We have a safety zone which everyone generally respects and it works fairly well. The purple background is a subtle reminder to most to at least try to keep focused on the OP with a positive attitude.

Would it be unheard of to install a similar background to the introduction section? Yes, most already do keep the welcomes fairly warm. However, a subtle reminder might even help the incoming to know right off the bat, that community decorum is the responsibility of the individual.

To identify the Introduction as a special section and retaining the visually comfortable, purple color scheme, I propose ...
a tartan background. Smile
[Image: tartan%20purple_zpshgwckluz.jpeg]
I considered a black/white scheme but it was a bit eye gouging.
This one is fairly tame but not dull or mundane - and it keeps with the purple of the Personal Issues section.
A majority of it wouldn't actually show, of course, but there would be a background of visual variety. Shy
If everyone is content to make it through a thread full it just to say Hello, I think it could set a positive mood for interaction on the forum at large.

Or does it really just offend the shit out of everyone? Dodgy

I suggested this a couple weeks ago...glad to see you are getting responses.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
22-03-2017, 10:28 PM
(22-03-2017 04:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I suggested this a couple weeks ago...glad to see you are getting responses.

It's the miracle of tartan plaid. Smile

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Good suggestion for the special background, but personally I don't favour geometric patterns—they can tend to distract from the fields and borders of forums. I'm more happy with a single and/or gradient blended mode...

[Image: 2d0d8ed3e5f31d78c6c1ff5fe6b77c9b.jpg]

The two colours of course can be any two random ones; I just chose this to illustrate my comment.
Whatever would (possibly) be decided upon, I'd be happy with—as I don't spend a lot of time in the Introductions threads.

Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
23-03-2017, 11:38 AM
Seems like a good idea to me!

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2017, 11:41 AM
I suggest this as the background.

[Image: programming_zpsu7wkreup.png]

#sigh