An Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Wink An Introduction
Hello! My name is Jake, I'm 17 years old and live in the US. I've been atheist for a couple years now. I don't think I ever really used to believe in god, I used to pray, ONLY when I did something bad and did something wrong. I have never been to any church services, the closest thing to going to church for me is going with a friend of mine to play some basketball outside his church and help set up a few things for a play they were having a few years ago. My parents went to church for a few months a couple years ago, but they never brought me with them for some reason which I may never know, back then I was a Christan. They don't go anymore, I don't quite know why, but I don't care.

I didn't really start questioning things until around early 2010. I think it really started when I started watching TheAmazingAtheist's videos. I became a big fan of his videos, (and still am) and not all of his videos are about Atheism, but I watched a lot of the ones that were about it, and then I started to really not believe in all the Christan stuff, not like I ever really did in the first place.

I'll admit, I've been a little harsh on Christians lately, but they have been just as harsh on me, well actually just one, but we'll save that story for later. I've tried to argue with some people about their beliefs, but in the end I end up sounding like a jerk because I don't believe like them, but yet then can just sit there and tell me I'm going to hell because I don't believe like they do, and that's somehow acceptable. So I usually keep my belief (or lack of) to myself, but I don't have a problem telling people I'm an atheist though.

Anyways, stuff about me that's not related to Atheism, my favorite bands are Metallica, Alice in Chains, and Rush. There are many more favorites, but those are in my top 3. As far as food, I enjoy wasabi peas as a nice snack, which I happen to be eating as a type this, and I tend to drink quite a few energy drinks, but not too many. That's all I have to say for now, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

My name is Jake, and I'm a mormon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jake5150's post
08-09-2012, 11:53 PM
RE: An Introduction
Welcome, Jake. I think you'll do. Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
09-09-2012, 12:41 AM
Forgot to delete that little mormon thing at the bottom, it's an inside joke, I wasn't actually going to post that
09-09-2012, 01:33 AM
G'day Jake, you look like you'll fit in just fine.

I look forward to seeing you around, and don't you worry about looking like a jerk, nobody, I mean NOBODY plays the victim like a theist.

.. aside from Kingschosen, he does good...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
10-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Welcome Jake!

Glad to have you.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
10-09-2012, 07:55 AM
Welcome aboard

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
10-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Your going to "hell"....... lol.

Like those people are going to "heaven" (points upwards to space and the ever expanding universe)

Welcome to the forum..... and sanity Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
11-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Smile RE: An Introduction
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
11-09-2012, 08:21 PM
(09-09-2012 12:41 AM)Jake5150 Wrote:  Forgot to delete that little mormon thing at the bottom, it's an inside joke, I wasn't actually going to post that

Leave it. It's funny ! Tongue
Howdy.
So when your friends tell you you're going to hell for not believing just say "So let me get this straight. Your god wants me to lie, and *say* I believe, even if I don't ? Are you telling me he won't notice I'm lying ?" Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

11-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Hi and welcome.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF