An Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2016, 04:07 AM
An Introduction

Hello everyone, I'm SunButt! I know you wouldn't expect such a name on this kind of website, but I'm not one to think of original names.

I've been very skeptical of things for a long while, since I began to examine the existence of God or whatever god you can imagine of for a long while. As a matter of fact, I used to want to be Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc. until I got a hold of a philosophy book, teaching me to be skeptical of things. So I started to apply this thinking immediately to God.
I began to learn of the horrible atrocities committed in the Bible and sought comfort in other religions, even New Age philosophy (though personally while I practiced Wicca, I never really bought into using crystals and reading palms and so forth), searching for the answer.
After a few years of searching for the 'right' religion, I realized how fruitless it was of me to search for a philosophy or religion that I could follow. I didn't like the notion that a being in the heavens is constantly eyeballing us over what partner we prefer or what we do in private, what we think, how we act, and so forth. Quite honestly, it's very terrifying and reminds me of George Orwell's 1984.
I could blab on forever, but I hope people will be able to accept me here for me being me. I do hope to have a wonderful time!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2016, 05:56 AM
RE: An Introduction
Welcome aboard.

We will accept you much more for being you than for being someone else (we don't like that someone else one little bit).

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
26-06-2016, 06:14 AM
(26-06-2016 04:07 AM)SunButt Wrote:  
Hello everyone, I'm SunButt! I know you wouldn't expect such a name on this kind of website, but I'm not one to think of original names.

I've been very skeptical of things for a long while, since I began to examine the existence of God or whatever god you can imagine of for a long while. As a matter of fact, I used to want to be Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc. until I got a hold of a philosophy book, teaching me to be skeptical of things. So I started to apply this thinking immediately to God.
I began to learn of the horrible atrocities committed in the Bible and sought comfort in other religions, even New Age philosophy (though personally while I practiced Wicca, I never really bought into using crystals and reading palms and so forth), searching for the answer.
After a few years of searching for the 'right' religion, I realized how fruitless it was of me to search for a philosophy or religion that I could follow. I didn't like the notion that a being in the heavens is constantly eyeballing us over what partner we prefer or what we do in private, what we think, how we act, and so forth. Quite honestly, it's very terrifying and reminds me of George Orwell's 1984.
I could blab on forever, but I hope people will be able to accept me here for me being me. I do hope to have a wonderful time!

Welcome to the forum. I think your username is cute. Smile
26-06-2016, 06:43 AM
Hello! Big Grin
26-06-2016, 07:10 AM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
26-06-2016, 10:09 AM
Welcome!
26-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Hello and welcome!

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
26-06-2016, 10:30 AM
Hiyas.
27-06-2016, 01:49 PM
Welcome
27-06-2016, 02:23 PM
(26-06-2016 04:07 AM)SunButt Wrote:  

Hi, welcome. Unfortunately, the small print makes this too cumbersome for me to read. From what I gleaned, you'll fit right in. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post