An Introduction

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-06-2016, 05:33 PM
RE: An Introduction
Wow, small print. I did have to squint, but I got it.

I think you'll fit right in, here. Welcome to TTA! Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
27-06-2016, 05:37 PM
Greetings!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
27-06-2016, 06:53 PM
(26-06-2016 04:07 AM)SunButt Wrote:  
Hello everyone, I'm SunButt! I know you wouldn't expect such a name on this kind of website, but I'm not one to think of original names.

I've been very skeptical of things for a long while, since I began to examine the existence of God or whatever god you can imagine of for a long while. As a matter of fact, I used to want to be Catholic, Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, etc. until I got a hold of a philosophy book, teaching me to be skeptical of things. So I started to apply this thinking immediately to God.
I began to learn of the horrible atrocities committed in the Bible and sought comfort in other religions, even New Age philosophy (though personally while I practiced Wicca, I never really bought into using crystals and reading palms and so forth), searching for the answer.
After a few years of searching for the 'right' religion, I realized how fruitless it was of me to search for a philosophy or religion that I could follow. I didn't like the notion that a being in the heavens is constantly eyeballing us over what partner we prefer or what we do in private, what we think, how we act, and so forth. Quite honestly, it's very terrifying and reminds me of George Orwell's 1984.
I could blab on forever, but I hope people will be able to accept me here for me being me. I do hope to have a wonderful time!

Welcome. I have dabbled in theology for awhile, so if you have any questions, or lingering doubts, let me know, or just start a thread. Glad you found us.

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
27-06-2016, 07:48 PM
(26-06-2016 04:07 AM)SunButt Wrote:  
I do hope to have a wonderful time!

One post does not a good time make! Tongue

Come back! Shy We gots good times! Big Grin

28-06-2016, 07:54 AM
Welcome!

Soooo... basically... you're the butt of the Sun? Consider

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
28-06-2016, 10:34 AM
(26-06-2016 04:07 AM)SunButt Wrote:  Hello everyone, I'm SunButt! I know you wouldn't expect such a name on this kind of website, but I'm not one to think of original names...

G'day and welcome to the forums. Big Grin

(Better to use forum's standard font.)

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
28-06-2016, 11:30 AM
We have a guy that named himself Haywood Jablowme on here. Sunbutt is very tame.

Welcome.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
28-06-2016, 11:41 AM
(28-06-2016 07:54 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Welcome!

Soooo... basically... you're the butt of the Sun? Consider

No, his butt shines like the sun. He's got a lovely butt.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-06-2016, 01:08 PM
What a fun username... you son of a butt, you! Welcome. Big Grin

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.