An Official TTA Census?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-05-2013, 09:18 PM
An Official TTA Census?
Are users interested on a census of the TTA forum? How many are religious, what gender they are, what sexual orientation they are, what "race" they are, what age they are, etc.

One reason being that it's always interesting to learn about the world and community that you're part of.

The other reason being it might result in interesting data points. Do "white" males make a vast majority of forum members - and atheists as a whole? Are they more prone to atheism or are they just online more an overrepresented in these censuses? In either case, why is that the case? What can we do to expand and include more people?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes PoolBoyG's post
05-05-2013, 09:25 PM
RE: An Official TTA Census?
I think an organized census would be a great idea. I'd just have no clue where to begin.

Just visiting.

-SR
05-05-2013, 09:31 PM
(05-05-2013 09:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I think an organized census would be a great idea. I'd just have no clue where to begin.

Firs step: Make the questions
Second step: Send the question to every user
Third step: Count the answers
Fourth step: ???
Fifth step: Profit

Big Grin

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 7 users Like nach_in's post
05-05-2013, 09:52 PM
There are survey sites, such as survey monkey http://www.surveymonkey.com/
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
05-05-2013, 10:07 PM
Say... where's what's his name? Guy who used to make the data videos about our forum use? Those were fantastic. He disappeared ... wow ... at least a year ago. I'm currently drawing a blank on his name.... damn, I have that tip-of-the-tongue thing. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
05-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Shannow. Drinking Beverage

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
05-05-2013, 11:21 PM
He disappeared. Probably with all his fancy data visuals he somehow self imploded from the mind-blow.
05-05-2013, 11:37 PM
A census would certainly be interesting.

We're not going to have to travel to the towns of our births to fill this one out are we? Last time I read about something like that happening, it turned out to be a real pain in the neck for the characters.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
06-05-2013, 12:19 AM
(05-05-2013 11:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  A census would certainly be interesting.

We're not going to have to travel to the towns of our births to fill this one out are we? Last time I read about something like that happening, it turned out to be a real pain in the neck for the characters.

What's interesting is that "return to the place of your birth" was never a thing, it was made up by the dude that wrote the story of Jebus as to make it fit.

There's no records of having to return to the place of your birth in history, not to mention it doesn't make any sense. But they needed an excuse for them to return so...

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
06-05-2013, 12:26 AM
(06-05-2013 12:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 11:37 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  A census would certainly be interesting.

What's interesting is that "return to the place of your birth" was never a thing, it was made up by the dude that wrote the story of Jebus as to make it fit.

There's no records of having to return to the place of your birth in history, not to mention it doesn't make any sense. But they needed an excuse for them to return so...

Well I did say "characters".

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.