An Official TTA Census?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2013, 02:51 AM
RE: An Official TTA Census?
(31-07-2013 02:35 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  people will have to go and fill it in.

Yes.

Would the mods consider 'gamification' as an incentive for completing certain helpful tasks around the forum? Some folk seem very interested in these stars...as far as I understand they are currently linked to posting frequency?

Could we give people a star for completing the user map and a star for completing the survey? Or make their name go a funny colour, or give them access to a special section of the forum...I don't know, just something that says 'thank you'.

The slow take up on the user map is proof that simply asking forum members to do something isn't enough, it needs to be incentivised.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Shannow's post
05-08-2013, 04:29 AM
(31-07-2013 02:51 AM)Shannow Wrote:  The slow take up on the user map is proof that simply asking forum members to do something isn't enough, it needs to be incentivised. asking forum members to do something 50 billion times means they won't bother the next time.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
05-08-2013, 06:20 AM
(05-08-2013 04:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  asking forum members to do something 50 billion times means they won't bother the next time.

Even with the +/- 49,000,000,996 margin of error, you make a good point MD. Tongue

Hopefully the latest one wil be around for some time.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
[+] 1 user Likes Shannow's post
10-08-2013, 06:42 PM
Shannow,the link to the software you put in your youtube vid description doesnt work. They stopped the project?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
12-08-2013, 02:40 AM
Hmmm - gephi is still going strong?

12-08-2013, 02:46 AM
Where to go to complete the census?

12-08-2013, 03:13 AM
(12-08-2013 02:46 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Where to go to complete the census?

It's not ready yet. I've pulled together the survey based on these questions into a form and Deep has started integrating it into the forum - it is awaiting approval from the mods/admins.

Soon we'll have a working copy that we can share with the community for further feedback.

In the meantime, if there are any extra questions or ideas for questions, please post them here.

12-08-2013, 03:24 AM
Big Grin
My 'income' question is in there, much to my surprise. It was just supposed to be a dig at Muffsy.

I'm looking forward to the results, particularly with the silly questions like...
aa) What is your favorite color?
bb) Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
12-08-2013, 05:49 PM
@shannow
my browser keeps getting a popup "error reading server" if i follow the link

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
12-08-2013, 09:36 PM
(05-05-2013 09:31 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(05-05-2013 09:25 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I think an organized census would be a great idea. I'd just have no clue where to begin.

Firs step: Make the questions
Second step: Send the question to every user
Third step: Count the answers
Fourth step: ???
Fifth step: Profit

Big Grin

What's the fourth step?