Blackmail

Drinking Beverage

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2013, 08:42 AM
RE: An Official TTA Census?
(12-08-2013 05:49 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  @shannow
my browser keeps getting a popup "error reading server" if i follow the link

Very odd as it works fine for me. Do a google for Gephi would be my reccomendation.

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
22-08-2013, 08:44 AM
Hi guys -

Please to report that the first draft of the TTA Survey is now ready for your comments.

I have collated the questions from this thread and a few other related ones, I've made some tweaks and the ever brilliant Deep Thought has uploaded it into the forum.

NOTE The survey is not live. If you click the submit button NOTHING will happen.

I am interested in your thoughts, comments and any additional questions you want added. Once I have your comments, I'll rework the survey with your feedback and then we'll be in a position to launch it (happy days)

Click here to see the progress so far. I welcome your comments...propose we keep this open for around a week and get your input...I'll then rework it prior to launch.

Cheers

Shannow

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
22-08-2013, 08:58 AM
(22-08-2013 08:44 AM)Shannow Wrote:  Hi guys -

Please to report that the first draft of the TTA Survey is now ready for your comments.

I have collated the questions from this thread and a few other related ones, I've made some tweaks and the ever brilliant Deep Thought has uploaded it into the forum.

NOTE The survey is not live. If you click the submit button NOTHING will happen.

I am interested in your thoughts, comments and any additional questions you want added. Once I have your comments, I'll rework the survey with your feedback and then we'll be in a position to launch it (happy days)

Click here to see the progress so far. I welcome your comments...propose we keep this open for around a week and get your input...I'll then rework it prior to launch.

Cheers

Shannow

Political: More choices? Like Moderate, Centrist, Monarchist, ...
Strength of religious belief: How about using the Dawkins Scale (1 - 7)?
Brothers/Sisters: Needs "Some share, others don't" choice.
Lost a job: I think choice 3 is a typo; should be 'Yes'.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-08-2013, 09:00 AM
Good job, both of you.

Comments:

Spell-check:
beleive what you believe... The second one is correct.

The survey is COMPLETELY annonymous,... anonymous

Have you ever lost a job becuase of your religious views?

Have you ever considered re-locating becuase of your religious beliefs?

I DO NOT belieive in a God(s), but DO BELIEVE in paranormal activity such as ghosts, spirits etc.

Suggestions:
Please number the questions... no doubt there will be much ribald debate and we'll need to refer to the relevant questions.

We've had a few threads covering Myers-Briggs (many many INTJs here) seeing if there is any link to e.g. Introvert or Thinker with atheism. Could we have that as a question, please i.e. What is your MB type indicator?

Cheers

22-08-2013, 01:58 PM
What's up with the

"Do your whatevers know about your dis(belief)?
No
Yes - They know am an Atheist
Yes - They do not know I am a Theist" options.?

You and your damn double ... Consider... not double negations ... Consider ... doublespeak. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-08-2013, 03:42 PM
Great feedback one and all. Thanks for taking the time.

Typos and botched questions shall all be corrected accordingly, good spots.

@Chas (or any other politics experts) what is the best 'scale' of international political affiliation? I found the one used in on the survey here - and thought it looked quite good, totally open to using a different scale if there is a preferred model.

Dawkins scale - fine - I'll implement that instead of my basic one.

@DLJ - Myers Brigs? Thought we were gonna go with Belbin? Personal vote is for Belbin as I have the belbin test/answers and was thinking to build a Belbin test in a similar format to the survey - that way we'd have consistent set of results. Happy to go with MB if it's the preferred tool?

22-08-2013, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 22-08-2013 04:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-08-2013 03:42 PM)Shannow Wrote:  ... was thinking to build a Belbin test in a similar format to the survey - that way we'd have consistent set of results. Happy to go with MB if it's the preferred tool?

Belbin. Hadn't heard of it before DLJ mentioned and it seems more a measure of role in group dynamics than individual personality like MB. Myers-Briggs don't mean dick to me and it don't do dick for me, I've been doing my introspective spelunking for decades now, don't need nor want no help, think I got the better gear anyway. Tongue Group dynamics, on the other hand, I find far more interesting.

(22-08-2013 09:00 AM)DLJ Wrote:  We've had a few threads covering Myers-Briggs (many many INTJs here) seeing if there is any link to e.g. Introvert or Thinker with atheism. Could we have that as a question, please i.e. What is your MB type indicator?

Ah wait, I can see the value of sampling that here. DLJ won't be able to infer much from it with respect to "MB types and atheists" 'cause the sample is skewed and not representative of the population, but think it could be useful trying to see if types correlate with roles here. Shannow only needs to add one additional question. "Do you know your MB type?" with a link to the test and a dropdown of the combinations and I think it's a good addition.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-08-2013, 09:42 PM
(22-08-2013 03:42 PM)Shannow Wrote:  Great feedback one and all. Thanks for taking the time.

Typos and botched questions shall all be corrected accordingly, good spots.

@Chas (or any other politics experts) what is the best 'scale' of international political affiliation? I found the one used in on the survey here - and thought it looked quite good, totally open to using a different scale if there is a preferred model.

I'm not knowledgeable enough about political scales to even suggest one.

My comment was merely that the choices presented seemed severely limited and certainly didn't include mine.

Maybe someone else could step up.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-08-2013, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2013 10:42 PM by DeepThought.)
I wont be able to get the form saving data till next weekend. I'm thinking I should impleent some form validation. Ensure that forms aren't partly filled and make sure each account only submits once.

Maybe we should ask year of birth and calculate age bracket based on that?
Would people think that is too personal?

With the year of birth method the statistical averaging functions would always be up to date based on that persons current age. We would be able to look at it a few years down the track as the representative population increases and the age groups stay up to date.

If we decide to change to the year of birth method, leave it to me to create the options. I have a way to programmatically generate the year options such that it stays current based on the year the form is viewed. Either that or make it a text field.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post