An Official TTA Census?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2013, 07:59 AM
RE: An Official TTA Census?
(06-05-2013 07:49 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I see why some of the other forum members might be worried about you Sadcryface

On the other hand I LOVE HANDING OUT DARWIN AWARDS! (Ther's an idea for a thread)
It's not about stupidity. It's about being a worthless waste of skin that enjoys watching animals get tortured. Pardon me if I have no sympathy for such "people" and I use the word extremely loosely.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
06-05-2013, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2013 10:51 AM by Full Circle.)
(06-05-2013 07:35 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  So, now that this has been thoroughly derailed, is a census going to happen?

Gotta come up with question TBD.

Are we going with standard questions to pigeonhole sex, ethnicity and age OR are we going to be a bit more imaginative and ask things like:

Indoctrinated Y or N
Castrated Y of N
How many sects have you belonged to?
How many sex masters have you belonged to?
Were you ever a missionary?
Have you ever done it missionary?
Have you partaken in the Transubstantiation rights?
Have you taken part in cannibal rites?

etc... come up with some more for the census

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
06-05-2013, 08:01 AM
(06-05-2013 07:59 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 07:49 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I see why some of the other forum members might be worried about you Sadcryface

On the other hand I LOVE HANDING OUT DARWIN AWARDS! (Ther's an idea for a thread)
It's not about stupidity. It's about being a worthless waste of skin that enjoys watching animals get tortured. Pardon me if I have no sympathy for such "people" and I use the word extremely loosely.

I get it, at least in these two instances the animals won Clap
I hate cruelty to animals as much as anyone.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-05-2013, 08:03 AM
The standard questions are interesting too. How about...

Country of birth
Country of realized disbelief (if appicable)
Country you were a citizen of when you started believing
Education level
Did you/do you ever regard the Bible as literal fact?
Did you/do you ever regard the Bible as historically accurate?

Some of these might work... Consider

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
06-05-2013, 08:15 AM
(06-05-2013 08:03 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The standard questions are interesting too. How about...

Country of birth
Education level

Yeah, I guess these will work too. Cool But ONLY in conjuction with mine Evil_monster

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
06-05-2013, 08:25 AM
(06-05-2013 08:15 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-05-2013 08:03 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The standard questions are interesting too. How about...

Country of birth
Education level

Yeah, I guess these will work too. Cool But ONLY in conjuction with mine Evil_monster

Of course. I'm not sure how long the census should be. And as I look at some of the questions I generated, they may just not be all that interesting. I doubt most will put down 2 different countries for started to believe and gave-up belief (assuming atheists).

Maybe

Age you took the Salvation Prayer/got saved/began to become more interested in religion?

Age you started questioning religion seriously

Age you stopped believing (if applicable)

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
06-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Surveymonkey is a great place to do this, like someone pointed out earlier.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
06-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Well then, you've no excuse not to get this stuff done.

Mush, mush! Hurry now!

... You people are the worst minions ever.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
06-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Well, let's kick Full Circle's ass in gear!

Let's give him some more questions to choose from too. His idea, so he gets to choose what he thinks will work best.

—Thomas Henry Huxley
06-05-2013, 10:45 AM
(06-05-2013 08:31 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Well, let's kick Full Circle's ass in gear!

Let's give him some more questions to choose from too. His idea, so he gets to choose what he thinks will work best.

Whoa! How the Censored did this become my idea? Where is Poolboy and Stark? And Dom seems to know all about Surveymonkey...Yes
And if FT thinks he's getting a free ride on this he's got another thing coming!

I know, we'll form a committee! In that way this will never see the light of day.

We need more questions, serious and not so serious. Things we'd actually want to know about one another.

TBD already has a few good ones. Maybe I'll do what Near did with the reference page and keep collecting them as long as you guys keep coming up with good ones.

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post