An Open Challenge

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2014, 12:06 AM
RE: An Open Challenge
(13-02-2014 10:53 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 10:31 PM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  I extend an open challenge to anyone who enjoys a good argument. I am open to discussing and debating any subject ...

So when you said "any" you didn't really mean it. Smile

True, I didn't think to exclude non-serious topics. I won't be making that mistake again.

"Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience." -Christopher Hitchens
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Phoenix's post
14-02-2014, 12:07 AM
(14-02-2014 12:06 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(13-02-2014 10:53 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  So when you said "any" you didn't really mean it. Smile

True, I didn't think to exclude non-serious topics. I won't be making that mistake again.

Haha my bad, I couldn't think of anything. I pretty much agree with you on everything that I know of...

[Image: a1Ay5GG_460sa_v1.gif]

If your God can't be bothered to personally reveal himself to me, then I can't be bothered to worship him.
14-02-2014, 12:17 AM
(14-02-2014 12:07 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 12:06 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  True, I didn't think to exclude non-serious topics. I won't be making that mistake again.

Haha my bad, I couldn't think of anything. I pretty much agree with you on everything that I know of...

It's not your fault. It was worth a laugh if nothing else.

I have had disagreements with Atheists on the following subjects.

1. It is my opinion that people who hold stupid beliefs, are themselves stupid people.
2. I consider Islamic suicide bombing to be the result of Islam and other ideological issues, not the result of American or Western Imperialism.
3. I dismiss spirituality and religion together.
4. I consider belief in god, and a sound understanding of Evolution to be contradictory.
5. I support the right of free people to die, or commit suicide, on their own terms.

I am sure there is more, but that is a start. If anyone sees a potential for debate here feel free to strike the first blow.

"Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience." -Christopher Hitchens
14-02-2014, 09:54 AM
(14-02-2014 12:17 AM)Dark Phoenix Wrote:  
(14-02-2014 12:07 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Haha my bad, I couldn't think of anything. I pretty much agree with you on everything that I know of...

It's not your fault. It was worth a laugh if nothing else.

I have had disagreements with Atheists on the following subjects.

1. It is my opinion that people who hold stupid beliefs, are themselves stupid people.
2. I consider Islamic suicide bombing to be the result of Islam and other ideological issues, not the result of American or Western Imperialism.
3. I dismiss spirituality and religion together.
4. I consider belief in god, and a sound understanding of Evolution to be contradictory.
5. I support the right of free people to die, or commit suicide, on their own terms.

I am sure there is more, but that is a start. If anyone sees a potential for debate here feel free to strike the first blow.

OK at least you laughed Thumbsup

I would be happy to debate you on number 1 and maybe number 5. Depending on the context, and the process of how they decide.

[Image: a1Ay5GG_460sa_v1.gif]

If your God can't be bothered to personally reveal himself to me, then I can't be bothered to worship him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [split] A Challenge to Alpha Male rampant.a.i. 6 210 08-03-2014 10:30 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke