An agnostic has arrived

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 12:50 PM
RE: An agnostic has arrived
(27-02-2014 04:07 AM)khushko Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 03:48 AM)Stevil Wrote:  Welcome to the family.

Aaah, How Sweet .. Loved that Statement: Welcome to Family! Big Grin
Alright, I don't proclaim that I'm an Atheist rather I'm an Agnostic, a Skeptic, a Rationalist.. Earnestly, I believe in what I see, what I sense logically..
I understand why you use the term agnostic, because many people mistakenly use the term to mean lack of belief and mistakenly use the term atheist to mean belief that there is no god.

It's certainly not your fault. I think the term atheist needs to be promoted more so that people know what it means.
It's not an illogical belief, it merely means a lack of belief in any gods.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
27-02-2014, 11:58 PM
(27-02-2014 07:37 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(27-02-2014 04:49 AM)khushko Wrote:  For two reasons::
1st) I THINK, therefore I AM..
2nd) Mathematics apply to everything that belongs to Universe!

Agree, but not all maths appear, on the surface to be logical, (see Dirac's tensors and matricies). The point is the appearance of "(intuitively) logical" is not sufficient.
Well, You may proceed, in the manner, you like ... Let ME be ME Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-02-2014, 12:02 AM
(27-02-2014 09:04 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Ex: "You're an atheist? How can you believe in evolution?"

Remember: when discussing things like the origin of the universe and what-not, "I don't know" is a perfectly valid answer. Stuff like the big bang is basically our best guess based on what we can observe. We know that the universe is over 13 billion years old and that everything is spreading out from a centralized location. There are plenty of things we don't know about the big bang, but it's a reasonable approach given what we do know.

Copy that Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-02-2014, 12:30 AM
(27-02-2014 07:10 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Hi. Welcome to TTA.

I hope you had a chance to get familiar with the place before people start picking at you. .....oh, I see they've already started.

Where is everyone's manners? Let the noob get out of the foyer before you jump him? Sheesh

This is the internet.

Manners and common courtesy have no power here!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post