An alternate explanation for our origins

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2011, 06:53 PM
An alternate explanation for our origins
I personally like this explanation better than tbb. It also does away with dark matter/dark energy.

I suppose time will tell!

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-07-big-...atter.html

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2011, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2011 07:13 PM by blasphemy fan.)
RE: An alternate explanation for our origins
(19-07-2011 06:53 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  I personally like this explanation better than tbb. It also does away with dark matter/dark energy.

I suppose time will tell!

http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-07-big-...atter.html

That's pretty cool. I'll have to find some more to read on this subject. I had pretty much accepted TBB as the most likely reality, but this does have it's merits. And it does definitely make some good sense, scientifically. Gives me something else to study in my ( somewhat fictional ) spare time.

P.S.
Kind of makes our universe into a giant lava lamp. It makes sense when you think about the solar orbits slowly slowing down. If the sun doesn't burn out and transform first, then our planet would eventually be sucked ( back ? ) into it. If the whole galaxy follows suit, I can see this happening.

Oxymoron: "Religious teaching"
"Simple common sense goes out the window when religion comes in through the door." Me (Blasphemy Fan )
19-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Another thing I like about it is it explains our observations of galaxies accelerating away from us. It gets rid of dark matter/dark energy all using standard physics.

Now i'm looking forward to seeing if the AEGIS experiment and Ice Cube Neutrino Telescope confirms this theory. That would be pretty cool to come that far in our understanding of the universe in my short stay here.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
20-07-2011, 06:33 AM
Interesting theory it's sounds like one of the more plausible theory's of the creation of the universe.
20-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Yes, quite interesting. But this does not exclude TBB theory, it only tells us what was before TBB and what will come after the universe stops existing. So, TBB is just a part of this new idea and mechanism. I like it...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
24-07-2011, 07:58 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2011 01:07 AM by DeepThought.)
This theory seems to start with something rather than nothing. It needs a blackhole full of matter to create anti matter. That is at least what I understood from the read. Lawrence kruass explains how you get nothing from something in an elegant way.

Also entertaining to watch, he doesn't bore you.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
[+] 1 user Likes NotSoVacuous's post