An atheist becomes a believer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2017, 09:06 PM
RE: An atheist becomes a believer
Sorry

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-03-2017, 09:08 PM
(18-03-2017 09:06 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sorry

... Not sorry? hahaha! ... Epic Shout! Smile

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
18-03-2017, 09:51 PM
(18-03-2017 12:14 PM)Jokurix Wrote:  Today in a classroom discussion one of my classmates said the following:

"Atheists become believers when they're in moments of distress. For example, an atheist will start questioning if God really exists and even become a believer when he's about to die."

What do you think of this? Tongue

I think your classmate has offered us an insight into the foundation of his beliefs. Fear.
And, I think projecting his spinelessness onto other people might help him get to terms with being a coward.

How inspiring. Let's all join hands and convert right now.
[+] 7 users Like M. Linoge's post
18-03-2017, 09:58 PM
(18-03-2017 09:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  In September of 2009 I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I didn't pray.

In October of that year I had both breasts removed. I didn't pray.

I was told I had to go through chemo and I had to start ASAP. I got a second opinion. I didn't pray.

In March of 2010 I had reconstruction surgery. I didn't pray.

I spent about three years suffering from issues with healing from the surgeries and nerve damage related to the surgeries. I didn't pray.

Here I am. Cancer free and pretty much side-effect free. You know what would have happened if I would have prayed? The same things in the same order.

In my case I didn't even consider praying.

People can always say what someone else would or wouldn't do when faced with a devastating situation...but it's only speculation.

> You have my best wishes and hopes for a long and healthy life, Anjele. Thumbsup
[+] 5 users Like Gwaithmir's post
18-03-2017, 10:28 PM
I've been in a lot of crises. I've never prayed for help. I was too busy extricating myself from the crisis.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Astreja's post
18-03-2017, 11:54 PM
I've prayed twice in my life, I think. Once when I was a nervous wreck of a teenager, over getting in trouble at school for the first time ever. I prayed to "whoever was listening" to not let the teachers be too mean to me.

Much later, just so I could say I've done it, I prayed again to whoever is listening for world peace and an end to suffering.

That's as far as my religious career is ever going to go, unless my mind stops working properly. I guess such vultures would even take dementia patients converting as a win.

(18-03-2017 02:01 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(18-03-2017 01:36 PM)JesseB Wrote:  I think you should look at any thread where I talk about myself.... I'm pretty sure my life has been one nonstop moment of distress..... still an Atheist.

Wink

Rob.... You're liking that post makes it seem almost like you find my distress entertaining......

Thank you Smile at least I can be entertaining!

Aww Heart No I found your way of presenting your distress as entertaining entertaining Big Grin

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
19-03-2017, 12:57 AM
Believers become atheists after their dead when they realize they're fucking dead.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 3 users Like Rahn127's post
19-03-2017, 04:05 AM
(18-03-2017 12:14 PM)Jokurix Wrote:  Today in a classroom discussion one of my classmates said the following:

"Atheists become believers when they're in moments of distress. For example, an atheist will start questioning if God really exists and even become a believer when he's about to die."

What do you think of this? Tongue

Just unsupported assertion. Standard theists tactics.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
19-03-2017, 04:12 AM
[Image: 13340719_10154262060484533_661667113_o.jpg]

Suck it theists. Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 6 users Like EvolutionKills's post
19-03-2017, 05:30 AM
(18-03-2017 10:28 PM)Astreja Wrote:  I've been in a lot of crises. I've never prayed for help. I was too busy extricating myself from the crisis.
Lol! And guess what. Theists are also busy extricating themselves from crises, and on top of it they are distracted by the need to pray. Beyond that, they are conditioned to not give themselves credit for their own self-mastery because if they manage to get out of whatever mess they are in, they are conditioned to associate that result with god's intervention because of prayer.

Self-ratifying nonsense is SUCH a burden in a crisis. I can tell you that from personal experience. Things are MUCH better without it.
[+] 3 users Like mordant's post