An atheist becomes a believer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-03-2017, 11:50 PM
RE: An atheist becomes a believer
(22-03-2017 09:49 PM)JesseB Wrote:  
(22-03-2017 09:25 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > If such a person has limited ideas of what atheism is, I would tend to doubt that they were ever atheists in the first place.

You know, I've met folks who make that claim too. Once I asked one to clarify what he meant, he went on this long rambling tail of gibberish and I was like.... but.... did you ever like say god does not exist or you don't think one exists?? he replied ... no. (Then you were never an Atheist!)

> This reminds me of a letter I once received from a Catholic nun who accused me of being an atheist because I was angry with God. I wrote back, telling her that, if I was angry with God, I wouldn't, by definition, be an atheist. Predictably, she refused to engage in any follow-up dialogue and later sent me a card saying that she was praying for me. Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post
29-03-2017, 03:27 AM
RE: An atheist becomes a believer
Hmm. That's a fundamental problem with being able to appreciate a viewpoint different to your own.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply