An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4 Average
16-01-2012, 12:29 AM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible
(31-12-2011 12:11 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Also in my perv mind, I wanna hear more about the part in Genesis where Adam is lonely, and they were looking for a mate for him, and "God paraded all the creatures before him, yet none PROVED to be a suitable mate for him". Ahem.....

I can't find a version that actually uses the word "mate." They all say "helper," which is just too easy to explain your way out of.

Quote:Oh, ... maybe when it's done, you could post a Table of Contents page so we could just go directly to any certain book.

Done.

Old Testament

Genesis
Exodus
Leviticus
Numbers
Deuteronomy
Joshua
Judges
Ruth
1 Samuel
2 Samuel
1 Kings
2 Kings
1 Chronicles
2 Chronicles
Ezra
Nehemiah
Esther
Job
Psalms
Proverbs
Ecclesiastes
Song of Solomon
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Lamentations
Ezekiel
Daniel
Hosea
Joel
Amos
Obadiah
Jonah
Micah
Nahum
Habakkuk
Zephaniah
Haggai
Zechariah
Malachi

New Testament

Matthew
Mark
Luke
John
Acts
Romans
1 Corinthians
2 Corinthians
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1 Thessalonians
2 Thessalonians
1 Timothy
2 Timothy
Titus
Philemon
Hebrews
James
1 Peter
2 Peter
1 John
2 John
3 John
Jude
Revelation

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
18-01-2012, 08:33 PM
awesome pick of musical scoring for this btw. thanks for all of it too. Keep up the great work. I know I'll be using this for some reading for some people.
06-02-2012, 02:03 AM
Quick update on the upcoming book. There will be no pictures, because those are expensive as balls and the Christian pictures I need are all "copyright unless used for Christian purposes" ...which is just awesome. The cover is in progress (it's apparently really hard to capture fire in studio lighting, so I'll have to find a photographer who knows fire). I went back and re-did Genesis to make it more like the rest... then I re-did Exodus... and now I'm going through all the books, adding more funnies and editing things. I also had to do all the things I skipped (10 Commandments, Noah's Ark, etc). And in between in each Bible book, I'm putting some earlier forum posts and deep thoughts (such as "Christians and Potty Mouth" and "Intelligent Design" along with random snippets), which should set the book apart from similar Bible critiquing books.

Give me a month, a lot of long nights, and some speed pills and it should be nearing completion. Book will probably run for about 19.95, although I'll probably give it to any interested mods, vets, and select forum goers for the no-profit, production price (10 bucks).
[+] 2 users Like Buddy Christ's post
06-02-2012, 08:01 AM
(06-02-2012 02:03 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Quick update on the upcoming book. There will be no pictures, because those are expensive as balls and the Christian pictures I need are all "copyright unless used for Christian purposes" ...which is just awesome. The cover is in progress (it's apparently really hard to capture fire in studio lighting, so I'll have to find a photographer who knows fire). I went back and re-did Genesis to make it more like the rest... then I re-did Exodus... and now I'm going through all the books, adding more funnies and editing things. I also had to do all the things I skipped (10 Commandments, Noah's Ark, etc). And in between in each Bible book, I'm putting some earlier forum posts and deep thoughts (such as "Christians and Potty Mouth" and "Intelligent Design" along with random snippets), which should set the book apart from similar Bible critiquing books.

Give me a month, a lot of long nights, and some speed pills and it should be nearing completion. Book will probably run for about 19.95, although I'll probably give it to any interested mods, vets, and select forum goers for the no-profit, production price (10 bucks).

What kind of fire pictures are you looking for?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-02-2012, 03:24 PM
(06-02-2012 08:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 02:03 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Quick update on the upcoming book. There will be no pictures, because those are expensive as balls and the Christian pictures I need are all "copyright unless used for Christian purposes" ...which is just awesome. The cover is in progress (it's apparently really hard to capture fire in studio lighting, so I'll have to find a photographer who knows fire). I went back and re-did Genesis to make it more like the rest... then I re-did Exodus... and now I'm going through all the books, adding more funnies and editing things. I also had to do all the things I skipped (10 Commandments, Noah's Ark, etc). And in between in each Bible book, I'm putting some earlier forum posts and deep thoughts (such as "Christians and Potty Mouth" and "Intelligent Design" along with random snippets), which should set the book apart from similar Bible critiquing books.

It was going to be me holding a Bible on fire, but it sounds like it might be better to digitally add the fire later... though I don't know how real that would look.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
07-02-2012, 03:45 PM
(06-02-2012 03:24 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(06-02-2012 08:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  

It was going to be me holding a Bible on fire, but it sounds like it might be better to digitally add the fire later... though I don't know how real that would look.

I wouldn't go so antagonistic. If you want theists to actually read it you need to be a little more subtle I think.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
07-02-2012, 04:53 PM
(07-02-2012 03:45 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I wouldn't go so antagonistic. If you want theists to actually read it you need to be a little more subtle I think.

Two words.

Howard. Stern.

Shock value tends to attract more listeners from the opposition than from the fans themselves. Christians will be so appalled and offended by my cover they will want to try and discredit my points. But first they'll have to purchase the book. They'll talk about it with their friends, they'll posts threads about it on their forums. Either way, the book's popularity grows. There's no such thing as bad press.

I mean hell, I've probably watched more Bill O'Reilly than his own people just out of sheer astonishment and anger.

Atheists will love it. Theists will be offended by it. Either way, it's not being ignored.

07-02-2012, 05:17 PM
(07-02-2012 04:53 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(07-02-2012 03:45 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I wouldn't go so antagonistic. If you want theists to actually read it you need to be a little more subtle I think.

Two words.

Howard. Stern.

Shock value tends to attract more listeners from the opposition than from the fans themselves. Christians will be so appalled and offended by my cover they will want to try and discredit my points. But first they'll have to purchase the book. They'll talk about it with their friends, they'll posts threads about it on their forums. Either way, the book's popularity grows. There's no such thing as bad press.

I mean hell, I've probably watched more Bill O'Reilly than his own people just out of sheer astonishment and anger.

Atheists will love it. Theists will be offended by it. Either way, it's not being ignored.

I'd be happy to help with the picture - how would we go about the collaboration?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
11-02-2012, 05:20 AM
(07-02-2012 04:53 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  

Two words.

Howard. Stern.

I'm a veteran and atheist. I would love to know when your book will be done. Email me when it is done. thank you.

P@rTy R0Ck!
11-02-2012, 08:01 PM
(06-02-2012 02:03 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Quick update on the upcoming book. There will be no pictures, because those are expensive as balls and the Christian pictures I need are all "copyright unless used for Christian purposes" ...which is just awesome.

That truly is just awesome. ... But I think I might know someone around here with the talent to record any image with an original sketch all his own. Wink ... Just gotta convince him he's drawing Gwynnies.

Breathing - it's more art than science.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Atheist / Agnostic Informational Resource Library Near 165 15,506 Today 03:51 AM
Last Post: Ace
  This Is How British Atheist Comedians Take-The-Piss Out Of Religion! Ace 2 99 25-07-2014 10:45 AM
Last Post: Mathilda
  Some facepalm moments my mum said to me after finding out I am atheist... TheLogicalAthiest 11 303 23-07-2014 03:05 PM
Last Post: Adrianime
  Lets end the space program....because Bible Shadow Fox 13 232 23-07-2014 10:22 AM
Last Post: Impulse
  Doc's furshlugginer Sunday School (we're mad about the Bible) docskeptic 1,019 99,694 23-07-2014 08:01 AM
Last Post: docskeptic
  Newest Accusation For Proof That Atheists Are Evil: Dr. Kevorkian Was Atheist! WindyCityJazz 3 117 22-07-2014 07:54 PM
Last Post: Smercury44
  A Very Misanthropik Bible Study Misanthropik 37 735 22-07-2014 12:46 AM
Last Post: JONES