An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4 Average
13-11-2012, 04:35 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)
Oh, BTW, happy two years on the forum BC. (well 2 years + a week, but I never claimed to be punctual.)

Just visiting.

-SR
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
13-11-2012, 05:49 PM
(13-11-2012 04:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Oh, BTW, happy two years on the forum BC. (well 2 years + a week, but I never claimed to be punctual.)
And the other active 2+ year members:
  • Stark Raving
  • Ghost
  • BnW

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-11-2012, 05:52 PM
(13-11-2012 04:32 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  My copy arrived today!!

I actually spent about half an hour in the post office parking lot looking through it I was so excited. And I was not disappointed. Brian's sarcastic, unique humor is in there from cover to cover, starting with the cover page that was signed with a personal message (I think Buddy soaked the page in liquid sarcasm just for me), and ending with the back cover, including a comment from "Brian's Mom"

Thanks Buddy Christ. (I was tempted to post the message you wrote me, but decided I'd be greedy and keep that laugh to myself)
Mine came today, too. It was shipped Oct.24 - go figure. Consider

Haven't opened it yet, waiting 'til after dinner to snuggle up with Brian. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-11-2012, 10:52 PM
This... this is all... I'm being read way too intimately. I expected cold readings, narrated in metallic, unfeeling inner monologue voices during gray, bleak afternoons. Instead, I'm getting cuddled up with and enjoyed during bubble baths and skipping through the park, hand in hand.
13-11-2012, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 13-11-2012 11:37 PM by DickDawkins.)
Can't wait to here your bit on Joshua. Joshua crosses the river Jordon (which you to can observe on any map today) and attacks Jericho, you can see today with it's walls that have fallen in to the ground in tact. (google it for the evidence if you wish)
(the NTL version is a bit easier to understand and is also on the iPad 2)
He instructed them, “Scout out the land on the other side of the Jordan River, especially around Jericho.” . (Joshua 2:1 NLT)
When you hear the priests give one long blast on the rams’ horns, have all the people shout as loud as they can. Then the walls of the town will collapse, and the people can charge straight into the town.” (Joshua 6:5 NLT)
Hope I've not spoilt it for anyone. Oh it's historically correct from here on in. So believing the first bit seems easier to me than that tale of Darwins.
14-11-2012, 12:34 AM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2012 12:48 AM by Buddy Christ.)
(13-11-2012 11:29 PM)DickDawkins Wrote:  Can't wait to here your bit on Joshua. Joshua crosses the river Jordon (which you to can observe on any map today) and attacks Jericho, you can see today with it's walls that have fallen in to the ground in tact. (google it for the evidence if you wish)
(the NTL version is a bit easier to understand and is also on the iPad 2)
He instructed them, “Scout out the land on the other side of the Jordan River, especially around Jericho.” . (Joshua 2:1 NLT)
When you hear the priests give one long blast on the rams’ horns, have all the people shout as loud as they can. Then the walls of the town will collapse, and the people can charge straight into the town.” (Joshua 6:5 NLT)
Hope I've not spoilt it for anyone. Oh it's historically correct from here on in. So believing the first bit seems easier to me than that tale of Darwins.

*hear
*Jordan
*too
*its
*intact

Hey, Penis Dawkins. We are all well versed on the humorous stories of the Bible. It is physically impossible for human vocal chords and rams' horns to topple walls. If the wall was that weak, then a strong gust of wind would have blown it over already. You could have a million people shouting and blasting air horns while playing Judas Priest over a 10,000 Watt sound system and you wouldn't be able to collapse stone. And what tale of Darwin? Evolution? The scientific idea that is universally accepted by scientists everywhere and anyone with a sliver of rational thought? Is that the tale you're referring to?

If you "can't wait to here [sic]" my take on Joshua then gooooooo read it. This thread is clearly completed, the book is available, and the critique is finished.

Here I'll help you find it: Joshua

And while you're at it, please read the entire thread and try to justify your belief in fairy tales that even children would laugh at if they weren't so busy fearing for their life thanks to childhood indoctrination. Strange how science doesn't share the same "get em while they're young and vulnerable" approach that your religion does. I wonder why that is?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 4 users Like Buddy Christ's post
14-11-2012, 12:47 AM
(13-11-2012 04:35 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Oh, BTW, happy two years on the forum BC. (well 2 years + a week, but I never claimed to be punctual.)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(13-11-2012 05:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
And the other active 2+ year members:
  • Stark Raving
  • Ghost
  • BnW

Well BnW loses interest and drifts in and out. I'm hoping to mock Ghost enough to make him leave. And once Stark realizes that the book he just received is laced with poison, the forum will be ALL MINE! To... put someone else in charge, are you kidding me? I don't want to run this insane asylum.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
14-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Um penis dawkins why didn't I think of that instead of dick when I was discibing that idol of yours. Did you really think that was my name.
The bible has been proven factually and historically correct in the whole unlike the fairy tale of a board man on a sweaty ship who didnt believe his "finding" him self in the end. All written a bitter man who had recently lost his daughter and was looking for ways to denie The existence of god
14-11-2012, 02:02 AM
An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)
(14-11-2012 12:47 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(13-11-2012 05:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  And the other active 2+ year members:
  • Stark Raving
  • Ghost
  • BnW

Well BnW loses interest and drifts in and out. I'm hoping to mock Ghost enough to make him leave. And once Stark realizes that the book he just received is laced with poison, the forum will be ALL MINE! To... put someone else in charge, are you kidding me? I don't want to run this insane asylum.

I really can't believe you guys have had the pleasure of the Ghostly presence for so long. That's kinda cool. Cool

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
14-11-2012, 02:12 AM
(14-11-2012 01:56 AM)DickDawkins Wrote:  Um penis dawkins why didn't I think of that instead of dick when I was discibing that idol of yours. Did you really think that was my name.
The bible has been proven factually and historically correct in the whole unlike the fairy tale of a board man on a sweaty ship who didnt believe his "finding" him self in the end. All written a bitter man who had recently lost his daughter and was looking for ways to denie The existence of god

Annnnd you're done.

/ignore

(14-11-2012 02:02 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(14-11-2012 12:47 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really can't believe you guys have had the pleasure of the Ghostly presence for so long. That's kinda cool. Cool

I know, right? Let me tell you it has been a blessing. Those 3 can keep their Holy Trinity; the Stark, the BnW, and the holy (he'll never admit it, but he's a theist) Ghost. Who am I? I'll be Ezekiel. He was bad-ass with superpowers who could animate zombie armies (Ezekiel 27:10).

[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post