An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)

Thread Rating:
  • 13 Votes - 4 Average
08-03-2013, 01:43 PM
RE: An atheist's critique of the Bible (Book and eBook now available)
(08-03-2013 01:16 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Dayum BC, I'd LOVE to see you tear the book of morons apart! Atheists Critique is fuckin hilarious. I think the book of morons from your perspective would be gold.

PS......EVERY member of TTA should have a copy of Atheists Critique. If you don't, order immediately.

I welcome your presence and your comments. I'm writing a new book that's not as hindering in content as the ACB (Bible-speak still bores most people). So far it's a masterpiece that would make Shakespeare blush with humility at his crayon scribblings. But I'll probably need something to do after that, so maybe I'll glance at Joseph Smith and his magic hat.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2013, 02:14 PM
(08-03-2013 01:43 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  
(08-03-2013 01:16 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Dayum BC, I'd LOVE to see you tear the book of morons apart! Atheists Critique is fuckin hilarious. I think the book of morons from your perspective would be gold.

PS......EVERY member of TTA should have a copy of Atheists Critique. If you don't, order immediately.

I welcome your presence and your comments. I'm writing a new book that's not as hindering in content as the ACB (Bible-speak still bores most people). So far it's a masterpiece that would make Shakespeare blush with humility at his crayon scribblings. But I'll probably need something to do after that, so maybe I'll glance at Joseph Smith and his magic hat.
Got a teaser?

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
08-03-2013, 03:33 PM
(08-03-2013 02:14 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Got a teaser?

At the moment, it's called No Hope for Humanity (as far as I can tell, the name isn't taken). I have no idea what the cover will be (a WTF picture that demonstrates the hopelessness of mankind is hard to pinpoint), but it will read like a George Carlin book - random thoughts thrown on a page.

Due to the joy caused by knowing that you haven't abandoned this forum entirely, I shall give you 3 samples at random.

It's a good thing I'm not on Top Chef. "Make an entree based on the sin of Lust." They think chocolate-drizzled strawberries and creme fraiche. I think giant pancake in the shape of a penis.

I'm pretty bummed that I've never gotten the chance to use the phrase “Mark my words” in a conversation. Oh, I'll figure out a way to say it one day. Mark my words.

"Nothing good can ever come from a Japanese woman with an acoustic guitar."
-Ancient proverb

Ta-da! An insider exclusive first look! Now imagine 250-300 pages of that and there you have it. Instant classic.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
08-03-2013, 04:47 PM
WTF are you doing on the forum? Go write FFS.

Just visiting.

-SR
16-04-2013, 05:27 PM
I split the giant 600 page book into Old and New print versions. I also updated the cover, added chapter headers, and a few things here and there.

[Image: OTcover_zps1b347c50.jpg] [Image: NTcover_zpsec519d77.jpg]

As always, the best price can be found at Lulu.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?type=...ulu.com&q=

If you use the promo code POURING until the 19th you can get 15% off your order.

The Amazon versions won't be out for a few weeks.

Tits.

27-04-2013, 10:07 AM
It is so obvious that the god of the bible had his roots as the god of war of an even more primitive (If that is even possible) predecessor and more traditionally polytheistic pagan religions.

Anyone who takes the bible as their source of a moral compass should really be put under watch, for if someone literally follows all the instructions in the book, they would turn into a murdering, slave owning, hand chopping and yeast hating psychopath.

The excuse that the new testament does away with all the rules does not help in the slightest, when realizing that the new rules are barely better, or in some cases even worse!

Only through ignorance of conflict do theists still rationalize their believes, red herring their way out of trouble. We need to continue to plant the seeds of doubt and make them curious about their own believes!

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Author of Earthborn - The Eternal War. A dystopian tale of a battle between reason and faith, mankind and survival.

Large free sample available on http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/306721
02-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Isn't this an oxymoron? Or like a blind person judging a beauty contest? Or like an imbecile in a spelling bee?
02-06-2013, 10:45 PM
(02-06-2013 10:33 PM)theword Wrote:  Isn't this an oxymoron? Or like a blind person judging a beauty contest? Or like an imbecile in a spelling bee?

Lulz.

And so it begins. Weeping

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
02-06-2013, 11:14 PM
(02-06-2013 10:33 PM)theword Wrote:  Isn't this an oxymoron? Or like a blind person judging a beauty contest? Or like an imbecile in a spelling bee?

I believe this was your 2nd or third post. Right after you posted this:

(02-06-2013 08:24 PM)theword Wrote:  Hello, how is everyone? I hope to engage in some interesting conversations here. I will respect your opinions, I hope you can respect mine.
But then again, respect is a two way street. We will see what happens. Thanks.

[Image: jesus-eating-popcorn-gif.gif]

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
02-06-2013, 11:27 PM

Oh, do you love the bible? I've heard of a saying, "Love is blind".

Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post